CAT 2018 Application Form is open now! You can register and apply online for CAT 2018 at Rs.1900/- plus applicable charges levied in the range of 0.75% to 2.85% of the value of transaction depending upon the instrument you have. IIM Calcutta, the CAT 2018 exam conducting authority opened the CAT 2018 Application process on August 8, 2018 at 10.30AM and will close it on September 19, 2018 at 5PM. CAT 2018 exam will be held on November 25, 2018 in two separate sessions in a single day for admission to MBA 2019-21 batch at IIMs and other highly ranked MBA colleges in India.
TCS is the testing partner to IIM Calcutta in conducting CAT 2018 which will be a computer based test of 3 hours duration equally divided in three sections. It is expected that more than 2 lakh candidates will Register for CAT 2018 exam.
CAT Application Form 2018: 5 Changes
- CAT 2018 Application Form Fee is increased to Rs.1900/-
- Number of Pages in CAT Application Form 2018 increased to 6. Additional ‘Test City’ Page in CAT Application Form has been inserted
- CAT Application Form 2018 has reduced the choice of preferred test cities in Delhi NCR from 10 to 1. Candidates CAN NOT choose Noida, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Delhi, New Delhi, Faridabad, Greater Noida, Mathura, Sonepat as one of the preferred CAT 2018 test cities, instead only one test City option - Delhi NCR is available in CAT Application Form. Read More
- Browser to fill up CAT 2018 Application form has been changed. To fill up CAT Application form, you need to use Internet Explorer (version 11 and above), or Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61), or Google Chrome (version 50 to 69). Read More
- 7 Instruments introduced to pay CAT Application Fee 2018 without any transaction fee. Read More
No Need to Hurry – Advises CAT Convener
Since the CAT application process remains open for more than 40 days and all the candidates who apply for CAT 2018 during this period, will be allotted the test session and test city only after the last date, Dr Sumanta Basu, Convener CAT 2018 advises, “Candidates will be given the option to select 4 test cities in order of preference. Cities and centres will be assigned to the candidates only after the last date for CAT 2018 registration and hence candidates need not rush to block slots and cities in the initial days of registration.”
CAT 2018 Application Fee
IIMs have increased the CAT 2018 exam application fee to Rs.1900/- from Rs.1800/- last year. The fee can be paid only online through Net Banking, Debit/Credit Card etc.
Additional charges as applicable, over and above the fee are also to be paid alongwith the application fee payment.
- Candidates can register and apply for CAT in 3 simple steps – Registration, Application and Payment
- CAT 2018 Registration process has 6 pages this year instead of earlier 5 pages. An additional Test City page has been added
- You can login and logout from the CAT registration page multiple times and can complete the process in parts. The only need is to click on ‘save & continue’ below every page. It will also help you to know whether any mistake is made during the process.
CAT 2018 Application Guide & Video Launched
IIM Calcutta has launched CAT 2018 Application guide and Application process video along with starting the application process to guide the candidates on completing step by step application process for CAT 2018.
Recommended Browsers for CAT 2018 Application
For CAT 2018 Application you need to have latest browsers to complete the application process. CAT 2018 exam convener has recommended following three browsers to complete the CAT application process:
- · Internet Explorer (version 11 and above) or
- · Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61) or
- · Google Chrome (version 50 to 69)
Application Process closes on September 19
CAT 2018 application process which has started on August 8 at 10.30 AM will close at 5PM on September 19. Experts suggest to go through the CAT 2018 Application instructions and CAT Registration guide before proceeding to fill up the CAT 2018 registration and application form.
All the key details and procedure have already been announced and made available at iimcat.ac.in by the CAT 2018 exam convening IIM Calcutta.
CAT 2018 will be a single day 2 session exam and will be held on Sunday November 25, 2018 across the country at more than 400 testing venues. The shortlisted candidates on the basis of CAT 2018 scores will have the opportunity to get admission in one of the 20 Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) in 2019 and other top B-schools like FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon, IMI New Delhi, IMT Ghaziabad, JBIMS Mumbai, TAPMI Manipal among hundreds of other MBA colleges.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on CAT 2018