Highly ranked and first corporate sponsored B-School of India, IMI New Delhi has opened the admission for PGDM 2019-21 batch. The last date to apply for admission is December 3, 2018 for all the campuses of International Management Institute (IMI) New Delhi, Kolkata and Bhubaneswar. Apply Now
International Management Institute (IMI) New Delhi, one of the premier B-schools of India has taken steps to promote academic and gender diversity in its class rooms. The highly ranked Corporate Sponsored B-school is expected to shortlist the candidates for final selection round in a ratio of more than 1:10 for all the three PGDM programmes.
All the PGDM programs at IMI New Delhi are approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The PGDM at IMI isAccredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and is Accredited internationally by the U.K based Association of MBA’s (AMBA)
IMI New Delhi is ranked #9 in The Hindu BusinessLine-MBAUniverse.com B-school Ranking 2017-18 and among top 25 in MHRD NIRF Ranking 2018.
CAT 2018: Mandatory Exam for Domestic Candidates
CAT 2018 exam scores will be the principal shortlisting criterion at IMI New Delhi. The IMI New Delhi Admission Criteria 2019-21 describe in detail the admission eligibility, admission process, weightage to entrance exam scores, weightage to academics and work experience, final selection process among others. The B-school will accept CAT 2018 scores for domestic candidates and GMAT scores for International candidates in admission to its management programmes
Programmes offered at IMI
IMI Delhi offers following 2 years full time PGDM programmes:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Management - Human Resources (PGDHRM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Banking and Financial Services (PGDM - B&FS)
Students are given the opportunity to avail diverse electives across various domains such as Marketing, Finance, Operations, and Strategy. The Specialized courses of PGDMHR and PGDM-Banking and Financial Services are streamlined from the outset. A basket of electives is also available for these courses in second year.
How to Apply for Admission at IMI
IMI Admission Application fee is Rs.2200/-. There is one common application form for all the IMI Campuses. An additional amount of Rs.500/- per programme is to be paid if the candidate applies for more than one PGDM programme. In case you wish to apply for other campuses of International Management Institute (IMI), you should add Rs.1000/- for each IMI Institute – IMI Bhubaneswar and/or IMI Kolkata
The admission process at IMI, New Delhi is open till December 3, 2018. Candidates seeking admission to various PGDM programmes 2019-21 at IMI Delhi should apply to IMI New Delhi separately and should also appear in CAT 2018.
IMI New Delhi application process can be completed in seven simple steps.
Step 1: Login as New User
At the IMI New Delhi admission application window ‘Register’, you should login as new user by inserting your Name, Email ID, Mobile number
Step 2: Choose Your Programme
The next page on the IMI Admission site displays the IMI programmes and IMI campuses with online application window and required application fee to be paid online. You should choose the preferred IMI campus and programme that you want to apply for.
Step 3: Complete Personal & Programme Details
This page requires you to fill in the preferred programmes and campuses you wish to apply for. You need to complete your all personal details and should upload the photograph of required size. Please select two preferred Personal Interview (PI) centres out of the list which is displayed on the page. Complete the details and move to next page
Step 4: Enter Address Details
A separate page to enter your correspondence and permanent address has been created on the IMI Application form. In case your permanent address is same as correspondence address, you should simply click on ‘Yes’.
Step 5: Enter Academic Details
Next page on IMI application form requires you to fill up all your academic details backwards from graduation to class 10. Please note that you cannot enter the academic details prior to 2010. You are also required to fill in your CAT 2018 registration ID. If you have appeared or appearing in GMAT, you need to enter GMAT exam ID, exam year in DD/MM/YY format alongwith your GMAT score.
However, candidates appearing for GMAT or no GMAT score while applying can enter numeric `0’ in the GMAT score field and should email their score card immediately after the test to IMI New Delhi.
Step 6: Work Experience
If you have work experience after completing your graduation, you should complete it in months on this page. In case of no work experience simply click on ‘No’ and move ahead. IMI wants to know the source of information about the institute on this page, so click on the relevant source from the drop down menu.
Step 7: Make Payment of Application Fee
IMI New Delhi asks you to make payment of application fee after you have completed your application form. This is the final step to fill the application form. You can make payment through Credit/Debit card, Net Banking, UPI.
- To meet the IMI New Delhi PGDM/PGDHRM/PGDM-B&FS eligibility criteria, the candidate must hold a minimum 3 years’ bachelor's degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- If the candidate is awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where the bachelor's degree is obtained. In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by IMI New Delhi by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100 to confirm the eligibility of the candidate.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
- It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by IMI New Delhi and offered admission, to submit the mark-sheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor's degree examination latest by September 30, 2019.
- One of the most important points in IMI New Delhi Admission Eligibility criteria is that apart from a recognized graduate degree, the candidate should appear in CAT 2018 exam and must score minimum cut off score in the entrance exam to become eligible for admission
IMI New Delhi Admission Criteria
IMI New Delhi Admission Criteria 2019-21 is a two step process involving the preliminary screening and shortlisting criteria and the Final selection Criteria with varying weightage to various components including CAT exam score, GD-PI round, Academics among others.
- IMI New Delhi Shortlisting Criteria
The first part of IMI New Delhi Admission criteria is its shortlisting criteria for final selection round. A candidate will be shortlisted by IMI New Delhi if he/she meets the following shortlisting criteria:
- IMI New Delhi will shortlist the Candidates on the basis of information provided in the application form, CAT scores or GMAT score, educational background, marks in 10th, 12th, graduation and work experience, if any
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the final stage of the selection process
- Mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria may not ensure consideration for shortlisting by IMI, New Delhi. IMI, New Delhi will not entertain any correspondence on this subject and decisions of the IMI Admissions Committee will be final in all matters
- Final Admission Selection Criteria
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in Final selection round for admission to IMI New Delhi
- Final Selection Round 2019 at IMI New Delhi will have components like Essay Writing, Psychometric Test, Personal Interview
- Final Admission offer at IMI New Delhi will be based on Past academic performance in graduation, class XII & X, Essay Writing, Psychometric Test, Personal Interview besides other qualitative parameters.
- The overall objective is to identify and assess the candidate’s potential for a managerial career.
IMI New Delhi Admission Cut Off
IMI New Delhi last year had revised the CAT percentile cut offs in its shortlisting for admission. With a view to encourage more non-engineers and girl candidates to pursue management courses in line with the policy of top IIMs, IMI New Delhi had brought down the cut off in shortlisting for final selection round.
According to Dr Nigam Admission chair IMI New Delhi, “The cut off for shortlisting is 88 percentile for PGDM and 85 for PGD-HRM and PGDM –BFS.” It is expected that admission cut offs at IMI New Delhi may remain more or less same for PGDM 2019-21 batch as under:
Expected cut off
88 - 90
PGDM (Banking & Financial services
85 - 88
Alongwith the CAT score cut offs, IMI New Delhi will consider Academic score cut offs to arrive at the merit list.
IMI New Delhi Admission Process
Following steps are included in the IMI New Delhi Admission process:
Step 1: The candidate must apply and appear and score the minimum required percentile in CAT 2018
Step 2: Candidates should register and apply for admission to IMI New Delhi latest by December 3, 2018
Step 3: Candidates are short-listed for GD-PI-WAT Round from among the candidates who have a valid CAT-2018 score, who have applied for admission to IMI New Delhi and who satisfy the eligibility criteria for the programme
Step 4: Final selection round will be held at Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune and Varanasi. Candidates should indicate their first and second preference of interview center in the application form..
Step 5: After the GD-PI-WAT round, final admission offers will be made to successful candidates. Admission offer will be based on a composite score arrived after the assessment has been made during the various stages of the selection process. The result will be announced through an Admission Portal and will be notified on the IMI, Delhi Website. Offer letters will be sent to the mailing address provided in the application form as also by email.
IMI New Delhi Fees 2019-21
IMI New Delhi has revised the PGDM 2019-21 programme fee. The revised fee structure for all the three PGDM programmes is as under:
IMI Programme Fee 2019-21
PGDM (HRM) 2019-21
PGDM (B&FS) 2019-21
IMI New Delhi PGDM: Intake
PGDM is the flagship programme at IMI New Delhi. Programme wise intake at IMI New Delhi is as follows-
- 2 year full time PGDM: 240 students
- 2 years full time PGDM-HRM: 60 students
- 2 years full time PGDM-B&FS: 60 students
IMI New Delhi Placements
IMI New Delhi has a consistent record of excellent placement. The maximum and average compensation packages at IMI New Delhi have been rising year after year. IMI New Delhi concluded its placement 2018 recording again 100% placement offers from top recruiters for all the participating students.
Placement 2018 at IMI New Delhi got over with high salary packages giving a jump of 32% in highest salary which went up to Rs. 20.75 lakhs as against Rs. 15.6 lakhs last year.
Despite the increase in the batch size by 47% making it the largest ever batch, placement 2018 at IMI Delhi recorded an average salary of Rs.12.23 lakhs. Among the 88 companies who made placement offers, 21% were the first time recruiters.
CAT 2018 to be held on November 25, 2018 is the mandatory exam for seeking admission in IMI New Delhi in 2019.
IMI New Delhi has a high gender diversity. There are 40% women students in IMI New Delhi. IMI has academic collaborations with many top rated foreign B-Schools like McGill University, Montreal, Canada; and Manchester Business School, U.K. IMI Delhi records excellent placement year after year. IMI New Delhi is distinct on many counts as it has diverse and experienced pool of faculty, having a rich combination of academic rigour and corporate exposure. This is one of the Institute’s distinct strengths, making it one of the top institutes in the country in terms of intellectual capital.
IMI New Delhi was launched in collaboration with International Management Institute, Geneva (currently International Institute for Management Development (IMD), Lausanne). It is also one of the five institutes in India to be accredited by the international association, AMBA and one of the seven institutes to have received SAQS (South Asia Quality Systems) accreditation, making it among the seven business schools in the South Asian region to receive the SAQs regourous international accreditation of quality assurance standards.
Stay tuned to MBAuniverse.com for more updates on IMI New Delhi