The Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) a pioneering academic institution in rural management education and research has opened its online application for admission to PGDRM 2019-21 batch. The last date to apply is expected to close on December 31, 2018. The Application fee is Rs.1500/- to be paid online..Apply Now
Key Changes in Registration and Application Form
- Application to be submitted online only
- No Facility to Apply offline in hard copy
- Application Fee payment of Rs.1500/- to be made online only
- Only scanned copies of the required documents to be uploaded while filling up online application
Key Changes in PGDRM 2019-21 Admission
- Introduces Two shortlisting criteria -Profile Based and Non-Profile Based
- IRMA will use CAT 2018 and XAT 2019 scores to shortlist candidates
- Shortlisting will not be based on IRMA Social Awareness Test 2019 (IRMASAT 2019)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called to appear in IRMASAT 2019
IRMA is recognized not only as an institution of excellence in teaching and research but also for having successfully created the new discipline of rural management. Its path-breaking approach is being emulated by other institutions in India and abroad. As a premier institution of professional education and development IRMA has evolved unique curricula for its various programmes
IRMA's Programme in Rural Management (PGDRM) prepares talented young managers to assume challenge-filled responsibilities in rural cooperatives and development organisations. This two-year residential programme leading to a Post-Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM) has been recognised as equivalent to a Master's degree by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The participants of this programme are highly valued in local, national and international cooperatives, NGOs, development organisations, and funding agencies. All participants are suitably placed in different organisations through the IRMA Campus Placement programme.
The ideal candidates that IRMA mainly looks for are youngsters with a sense of dissonance with the Socio-Politico-Economic status quo and the urge to contribute to change.
How to Apply for Admission at IRMA
IRMA Application fee is Rs.1500/-. The application fee is to be paid online only. Last date to apply for admission to IRMA is December 31, 2018. Candidates seeking admission to PGDRM programme 2019-21 at IRMA, Anand should also appear in CAT 2018 or XAT 2019.
9 Steps Application Process for IRMA Admission
IRMA application process can be completed in nine simple steps.
Step 1: Register
At the IRMA admission application window ‘Register’, you should login as new user by inserting your Name, Email ID, Mobile number
Step 2: Complete Basic Details & Upload Photograph
The next page on the IRMA Admission site requires your personal details. You should also upload your photograph on this page. IRMA also asks you whether you wish to be considered for Profile based shortlisting on this page, if you click on ‘Yes’ you will be considered for this unique process and if you click on ‘No’ you will be considered only for entrance exam score based shortlisting process.
Step 3: General Information
This page requires you to fill in your parents’ details, income and other particulars. Complete the details and move to next page
Step 4: Enter Address Details
A separate page to enter your correspondence and permanent address has been created on the IRMA Application form. In case your permanent address is same as correspondence address, you should simply click on ‘Yes’.
Step 5: Course Selection & Academic Details
Next page on IRMA application form requires you to fill up your course selection details and all your academic details from class 10 onwards.
Step 6: Versatility & Work Experience
If you have participated in sports and other extra-curricular activities and are an achiever, you should enter the details in the relevant fields. If you have work experience after completing your graduation, you should complete it in months on this page. It will help in profile based shortlisting.
Step 7: Upload Academic Documents
On this page upload certificates from class X onwards and marks sheet for graduation.
Step 8: Declaration
A separate declaration form has been added to the application form. You have to click on ‘I Agree’ box and also write your name and guardian’s name in the given spaces on this page
Step 9: Make Payment of Application Fee
IRMA asks you to make payment of application fee after you have completed your application form. This is the final step to fill the application form. You can make payment through Credit/Debit card, Net Banking and other instruments.
IRMA Admission Eligibility
- The applicant must be a Graduate from any discipline, with a minimum of 15 years of education.
- The candidate must hold a bachelor's degree, with at least 50% marks (45% or above for SC/ST/Differently Abled Person) or equivalent CGPA
- To meet the IRMA eligibility criteria, an applicant must possess a strong and consistent academic background. Performance in 10th grade, 12th grade and graduation are considered in the IRMA selection process
- If the candidate is awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where the bachelor's degree is obtained. In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by IRMA Anand by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100 to confirm the eligibility of the candidate
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
- It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by IRMA and offered admission, to complete all the requirements of graduation before the programme starts (Induction Programme of PRM40).
- The Applicant should have appeared in CAT 2018/XAT 2019 exam and must have scored minimum prescribed score in the entrance exam to become eligible for admission
- Work experience is not mandatory for this program. Fresh graduates are eligible to apply.
- IRMA encourages students from diverse educational streams to apply.
- There is no management quota for admission to PGDRM at IRMA
IRMA Admission Criteria
This year the admission criteria for PGDRM 2019-21 batch at IRMA has been changed as the shortlisting for final selection round will be based either on profile or on the CAT/XAT score, and only the shortlisted candidates will be able to appear in IRMASAT and GD-PI
Accordingly, IRMA Admission Criteria 2019-21 is a two step process. The first step is shortlisting criteria based on profile and Non- profile but based on CAT/XAT exam score and the second step involves taking the IRMASAT and GD-PI conducted by IRMA.
- IRMA Shortlisting Criteria
The first part of IRMA Admission criteria is its shortlisting criteria for final selection round. A candidate will be shortlisted by IRMA in two phases:
Profile Based Shortlisting Criteria
The applicants who are shortlisted on the basis of their profiles should also meet a minimum qualifying score in the entrance exam. Candidates who fulfill the following criteria can be shortlisted for profile based calls:
- Graduation in Development, Agriculture, Dairy, Public policy, Sustainability, Veterinary Sciences, Food Technology
- Work experience in Development Sector, Dairy, Public Policy
- Excellence in Academics with graduation from Top universities and Colleges
- Candidates who score above 80 percentile in CAT 2018/XAT 2019 and fall in the Profile based call criteria are eligible to be shortlisted for IRMASAT and GD/PI process
Non-Profile Based Shortlisting Criteria
Applicants are also shortlisted separately with Non-Profile based Criteria for IRMASAT and GD-PI round:
- Candidates who score above 85 percentile in CAT 2018/XAT 2019 and fall in the Non-Profile based call criteria are eligible to be shortlisted for IRMASAT and GD/PI process.
- Both IRMASAT 2019 and GD/PI process will be conducted at IRMA for shortlisted candidates
- Mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for short listing for next stage of Admissions process
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in Final selection round for admission to IRMA, Anand
- Short listed candidates will be called for selection process at IRMA where they will have to take the IRMA Social Awareness Test 2019 (IRMASAT 2019), Group Activity and Personal Interview.
- Both IRMASAT 2019 and GD/PI process will be conducted at IRMA for shortlisted candidates.
- The final admission offer is based on a composite score, which takes into account the applicant’s profile, academic record, entrance test scores (CAT 2018/XAT 2019), Work experience (If any), Performance in IRMASAT, Performance in Group Activity and Personal Interview.
IRMA Admission 2019: CAT/XAT Score Cut Off
IRMA gives higher emphasis on other quality parameters in its admission process. Accordingly, the B-school has not pegged the CAT, XAT score cut off very high. The candidates above the minimum cut-offs in the CAT 2018/XAT 2019 will be considered for all the subsequent stages.
Profile Based Cut off percentile
Non-Profile Based Cut off Percentile
IRMA Admission Process
Following steps are included in the IRMA Admission process:
Step 1: Apply and Appear in CAT 2018/XAT 2019 The candidate must have appeared or have registered to appear and score the minimum required percentile in CAT 2018/XAT 2019
Step 2: Register and Apply for IRMA Admission Carefully register and apply online for admission to IRMA. While applying, the applicant is required to pay the application fee of Rs.1500/-. You need to follow the sequence of all stages after editing (do not skip any stage) to ensure proper data entry. Any editing is possible before final submission. After final submission, it will not be possible to edit the application form.
Step 3: ShortlistThe first shortlisting includes the candidates, short-listed for Interview round on the basis of their profile. The second shortlisting includes the candidates shortlisted on the basis of their entrance exam score.
Step 4: Take IRMASAT 2019 & Attend PI Round After the Shortlisting process, all the profile based or non-profile based shortlisted candidates have to appear in IRMASAT 2019, Group Activity followed by Personal Interview. The process will be held at IRMA.
Step 5: Final Admission Offer Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates in the last week of April/First week of May 2019 on the basis of Final Merit Score
- The total programme fee payable by PGDRM students at IRMA is Rs 12,10,000/-
- Laptop computer, personal expenses on boarding, travel, clothes and laundry are extra.
- The total programme fees for the 2019-2021 batch may increase after making adjustment for inflations.
IRMA Intake: 240 Students
The flagship PGDRM 2019-21 batch at IRMA has an approved intake of 240 students.
IRMA Placements 2018: Average & Highest Salary Up
IRMA placements for the 37th batch of its two-year flagship program in rural management (PGDRM or PRM) were held on February 12-17, 2018. Maintaining its 100 percent placements' record since its inception in 1979, the current batch of 180 students were placed in three days' time.
The average salary offered increased to was Rs. 11.39 lakh per annum in Placement 2018 as against Rs. 10.22 lakh last year. The maximum salary for the batch stands at Rs. 46.50 lakh and the lowest salary at Rs. 3.5 lakh was offered by a grassroots NGO to one of the graduates who chose to follow his dream of making a difference in the lives of people.
The Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (AMUL) emerged as s the single largest recruiter. Cooperatives/ Producers Collectives as a sector recruited a total of 30 candidates. Multinational and national agribusiness corporations like Tolaram, Afriventures, Cummins, Cargill, ITC, Zuari, Mars International, ADM, Godrej Agro, Kancor, Mapro, among others participated during the placements. KPMG recruited in consulting positions. Banking, finance, and insurance companies recruited the highest number of graduates. ICICI bank, IndusInd, IDFC bank, Fullerton, Tata AIG, Bharati AXA, Reliance, and several other organizations recruited from the campus placements.
IRMA is noted for pedagogic innovations. IRMA strives to make continuous and significant contributions to the transformation of rural India through leadership in cutting-edge knowledge creation, innovations in education, pursuance of the ethical imperative of sustainability, and policy-oriented research. The Post Graduate Programme in Rural Management at IRMA integrates the two streams and equips talented men and women with both development perspectives and business acumen.
IRMA has been working closely with its client organisations to integrate their emerging needs into its academic programme by periodically revising the curricula. The present PRM design is a reflection of this growing partnership.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IRMA, Anand