National Testing Agency (NTA) has prescribed following major points that determine the CMAT 2019 eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Graduates with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in any discipline can apply for CMAT 2019 exam.
- In case of the candidate belonging to SC/ST/PwD category, the eligibility criterion is relaxed to 45%
- Final year students of Graduate Courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for academic year 2019-20 can also apply for CMAT online exam
- The bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent
- If the candidate is awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where the bachelor's degree is obtained. In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by the institute by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100 to confirm the eligibility of the candidate.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. Such a candidate must produce a certificate at the time of seeking admission to MBA/PGDM prgoramme, from the principal/head of the department/ registrar/director of the institution/university certifying that the candidate is currently in the final year or is awaiting final results and has obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent (45% in case of the candidate belonging to SC/ST/PwD category) based on latest available grades/marks.
- Such a candidate, if selected, will be eligible for the admission only if he/she submits a certificate by the stipulated date advised by the institute, from the principal/head of the department/registrar/director of the institution/university stating that they have completed all the requirements (the result may, however, be awaited) for obtaining the bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification on the date of issue of the certificate.
- It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by the MBA/PGDM institute and offered admission, to submit the mark-sheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor's degree examination by the date prescribed by the college/institute.