CMAT Syllabus 2019 for CMAT exam to be held on January 28, 2019 by NTA, contains the expected topics on which questions would be asked in CMAT 2019 exam. The National Testing Agency (NTA) has not changed the CMAT 2019 syllabus or its sectional composition after taking over the CMAT exam from AICTE. To know the overall CMAT 2019 syllabus, you should be aware about the sectional composition of CMAT syllabus and the sectional weightag in CMAT exam. Although National Testing Agency (NTA) has not officially released the CMAT syllabus 2019 document, the CMAT syllabus 2019 PDF free download as prepared by India’s top CMAT experts and past CMAT toppers is available now.
Last opportunity to Apply to Top B-schools with CAT & XAT Scores
The CMAT syllabus 2019 PDF is based on past paper pattern, test contents and topics on each of the four sections of the exam which appeared in earlier CMAT exams. Although the CMAT 2019 will be on past exam pattern, some changes in CMAT syllabus PDF are brought about as per the revised CMAT exam pattern.
Key features of CMAT 2019 Syllabus PDF:
- CMAT Syllabus PDF is divided into four sections – Language Comprehension; Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation; Logical Reasoning; General Awareness.
- Each of the four sections in CMAT syllabus PDF has equal weightage of 25% with 25 questions
- The CMAT exam syllabus Pdf reflects that CMAT is not of high difficulty level exam
- The topics in CMAT syllabus on which Questions are asked are simple and straight and are not twisted
- CMAT Exam Syllabus PDF Free Download is available at a click of button
Section Wise CMAT Syllabus PDF
You can download CMAT Syllabus 2019 PDF containing all the sections. Following are the major topics covering the entire syllabus in each section of CMAT:
Section-1: Language Comprehension
CMAT defines its Verbal Ability section as Language Comprehension. It covers comprehensive English test which includes the test of grammar, tenses, vocabulary, jumbled paragraphs and reading comprehension.
Key topics in its Syllabus are
- Usage of Articles
- Dangling Modifiers
- Usage on Nouns & Pronouns, Adjectives, Adverbs, Prepositions –regular and followed, Verbs, Syntax, Subject-verb Agreement, Simple, continuous, Perfect tenses and Conditional-unreal past.
- Jumbled paragraphs
CMAT gives you shorter with 500-600 words and not too difficult passages. There is no fix rule on framing the questions based on Reading comprehension passage, which is followed by at least 4-5 questions each.
Questions could be any of following types:
- Questions based on inference drawn
- Questions based on the Central idea of the passage
- Questions based on phrases, idioms
- Questions based on expression in the passage.
Section-2: Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
Questions in this section are usually single and are not based on sets. Major topics are:
- Arithmetic-Ratio, mixtures, work, average, percentage, Time & speed, Profit and loss, interest, basic statistics
- Number properties
- Counting principles
- Derivatives ( Maxima-Minima)
- Table and pie chart
- Bar diagrams and graphs
Section-3: Logical Reasoning
The section is a mix of the topics from arrangements like linear, seating, sequencing & arranging with conditions to coding.
Major Topics in the Logical Reasoning Syllabus for CMAT are:
- Logical puzzle,
- Numerical puzzle
- Venn Diagram
- True/false statements
- Visual Reasoning
Section-4: General awareness
This section in CMAT Syllabus PDF can be divided into three parts and each part has to be given due weightage.
- Conventional GK-available in books
- Current GK- based on current reading of newspapers and periodicals;
- Business & Economics GK -for example changes in Fiscal and monetary policy, CRR, Repo Rate,
- Devaluation and up valuation of Rupee.
- Business, National and International events
- Who’s who
- Constitutional of India,
- Currency and Capitals of the countries
- States of India
- International Organizations
- Monetary and fiscal tools
- Identification of personalities, companies among others.
|Take CMAT 2019 Full MockTest 1: To assess your preparation in revised CMAT 2019 exam pattern with 100 questions.|
|Take CMAT 2019 Full MockTest 2: To assess your preparation in revised CMAT 2019 exam pattern with 100 questions.|
|Take CMAT 2019 Full MockTest 3: To assess your preparation in revised CMAT 2019 exam pattern with 100 questions.|