The Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH) was established in 1988 under the aegis of the Birla Academy of Art and Culture. Syt. B. K. Birla, Chairperson of the B. K. Birla Group of Companies and Late Dr. (Smt.) Sarala Birla, are the founders of BIMTECH.
Institute highlights are:
- BIMTECH is ranked 5th among Private B-schools and 14th among all (Government + Private) in the National HRD Network (NHRDN)
- Placement 2018 recorded average salary of Rs. 7.68 lakhs and highest salary of Rs.18 lakhs
- Top recruiters include TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Accenture, HCL, Cognizant, Birla Soft, Newgen Software, KPMG, E & Y, HDFC, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Swiss Re, ICICI Prudential, FCB Ulka, ZEE Entertainment
- Low fee structure with tuition fee for Rs. 12 lakhs
- The Institute is governed by an eminent Board of Governors mostly drawn from the top echelons of the industry.
- The Institute is supported by the B.K. Birla Group and Aditya Birla Group of Companies.
- BIMTECH is mini India in its formation every year. It has students coming almost from all the states of India, and also from a few foreign countries. BIMTECH is like a school where international business endeavours are also made. Its mix of nationalities, cultural backgrounds, academic and professional experiences make BIMTECH one of the most exciting and enriching business schools in the country.