In 2009, the Government of India approved the creation of IIM Udaipur. However, IIM Udaipur officially commenced operation in 2011. In October 2016 IIM Udaipur moved to its permanent campus on 300 acres of land in the Balicha area of Udaipur which have been allocated by the Government of Rajasthan.
IIM Udaipur aims to set a new benchmark in the field of management education by combining excellence in both teaching and research. The Institute strives to make a real difference to the region, forging strong relationships with local NGOs and government and working closely with industry on live projects, internships, guest lectures, faculty research, and many events throughout the academic year.
IIM Udaipur is committed to nurturing leaders and entrepreneurs who will power their organizations in the emerging economies. At the same time the Institute remains deeply rooted to the region and the nation. IIM Udaipur creates an environment where the students, faculty and staff can achieve their maximum potential.
IIM Udaipur offers flagship 2 years post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) as well as 1 year full time Post Graduate Program in Management for Executives (PGPX).
- IIM Udaipur has earned international accreditation from the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). With this recognition, IIM Udaipur becomes the fourth IIM to gain one of the two key international accreditations – AACSB or EQUIS, entering the ranks of IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, and Calcutta.
- IIM Udaipur is ranked 13 in Govt of India MHRD-NIRF Rankings 2018; Ranked 19 in MBAUniverse.com Ranking 2018; Ranked 25 in Business Today India's Best B-schools 2018 Ranking
- IIM Udaipur provides students with the freedom and institutional support they need to explore their entrepreneurial ambitions.
- IIM Udaipur has international collaborations for student exchange programmes and overseas summer internships
- IIM Udaipur pedagogy includes Rural Immersion, Corporate Immersion through live projects and internships in India and abroad and International Immersion, through student exchanges, internships, and courses like International Business in Practice
- CAT is the mandatory entrance exam for admission to IIM Udaipur
- Minimum CAT score cut off is 90 percentile which may go up or down depending upon the number of candidates opting for IIM Udaipur and as per the decision of Admission Committee
- Actual CAT 2018 score Cut-Off Criteria shall be decided later in the meeting of Directors of participating IIMs to be held in January 2019 after CAT result declaration
- Shortlisting for final selection round is based on CAT score and other parameters
- IIM Udaipur will participate in Common Admission Process (IIM-CAP) consisting of PI-WAT Round for final selection of the candidates after shortlisting process completed by it
- Final admission offers would be made on the basis of a merit list. This Merit List would be prepared on the basis of performance in CAT exam, Profile of the candidate, PI and WAT round as per corresponding weights assigned to them
2 years PGP Programme fee is Rs.13,54,000
IIM Udaipur has achieved consistently high placements over the years. Placement 2018 highlights are:
- Average Salary:Rs.13,16,000
- Highest Salary (Domestic): Rs.19,50,000
- Highest Salary (International): Rs.53,00,000