Group Discussion Topics & Tips
- GD is key to MBA admission 2018 in FMS, XLRI, MDI & other top MBA colleges. It commands 10 to 15 percent weightage in MBA admission in top MBA colleges.
- GD Topics: It is necessary to have good knowledge about the latest GD topics, to be able to add value on content.
- GD Tips: Before entering GD round must know how to start a group discussion, take lead, make positive impact, key GD skills,
- Top 100 GD Topics: Factual, current affairs, Business & Economy, Social Issues, Abstract topics figure in GD round and may include GST, Demonetization, Govt Initiatives, & other topics expected in top MBA colleges
- MBAUniverse.com has prepared summary of key facts and information needed for Top GD Topics. Read below the solved GD topic and prepare your content based on the information.
GD Topic: Zero (0)
The topic has appeared multiple times in GD of various B-Schools and so holds high probability of being asked this year too. To help you get hold of this topic we have provided some possible interpretations of the topic.
- Numerical Significance: Zero is both a number and a numerical digit. Though it holds no value of its own but it is the sole reason for the existence of whole number system. Zero is also used as a placeholder in place value systems.
- Binary Significance: Zero is one of the two digits used in binary coding. Binary coding is extensively used in the digital world largely in computer applications, digital communications and anything which involves digital circuits.
- A new beginning: Zero represents the low points or failures in life. It represents situations where we feel low and of no importance but it also holds a positive significance as the low in life points are the triggers to overcome pessimism and work dedicatedly to achieve great heights. Additionally, anyone who comes to a situation with zero understanding or in other words, an open mind, can understand the new situation afresh, enabling creativity.
- Zero-hour: Zero hour means:
- Midnight, or 00:00
- Zero Hour in military means the scheduled time for the start of some event, especially a military operation.
- In India, Zero Hour is the time of a sitting session of India's Lok Sabha immediately after the Question Hour.
- Zero-tolerance: A zero tolerance policy is one which imposes stringent punishment for infringement of a stated rule, with the objective of eliminating undesirable conduct or behavior.
- Zero period: Many schools have zero period classes that are conducted before the start of the regular school day. Zero period typically begins around an hour before first period. They are usually conducted to facilitate optional courses or as a backup for the missed class.
- Zero gravity: Zero Gravity is defined as the state or condition of weightlessness. It also refers to the state in which the net or an apparent effect of gravity (i.e. the gravitational force) is zero.
- Zeroth Law of thermodynamics: The zeroth law of thermodynamics states that if two thermodynamic systems are each in thermal equilibrium with a third, then they are in thermal equilibrium with each other.
Zero, thus is of great significance and unless you are well aware about the topic, it is not possible to speak in the GD round. Make sure to have clarity on the topic and present your view point during GD round...Read More GD Topics
- Demonetisation: Success & failures
- Linking of Aadhaar: Is making Aaadhar mandatory a good idea?
- Start up India: Boosting Entrepreneurship
- FDI in retail: Good for India?
- Budget Cycle Change: Only a move of convenience
- GST: Will economy grow faster with reduced rates of Goods & Services Tax?
- Merger of Public Sector Banks: How beneficial is the merger of Banks?
- Make in India: The idea will make India a manufacturing hub
- Bank Recapitalization: NPA reduction and not bank recapitalization can cure the health of PSBs in India
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao: Will it abolish the orthodox mindset?