KMAT 2018 Karnataka exam for MBA admission is scheduled on August 5, 2018. One of the key features of KMAT is that it is a moderate difficulty level test and the syllabus is also not very wide.
KMAT Syllabus Highlights for KMAT 2018
- The KMAT Syllabus topics are not confusing
- KMAT exam is held in Paper-pen mode without creating computer based glitches
- The KMAT 2018 will have only objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- To bring total transparency in KMAT 2018 Result, merit will be based on Net Raw scores and not on percentile based scores
- Total Questions are 120 divided in 3 sections with equal weightage
- Sectional Composition of KMAT syllabus focuses on Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension with 40 MCQs; Quantitative Ability with 40 MCQs and Logical Reasoning with 40 MCQs.
- All the questions carry equal marks
- There is no negative marking for any wrong answer in the exam
Section-Wise KMAT 2018 Syllabus
Section wise KMAT 2018 exam syllabus consists of all the important topics. However, the questions framed out of these topics are prepared to test the general ability and skills of the candidates on the topic without digging deep into it without making it unnecessarily difficult by twisting the same. Following are the key KMAT 2018 section wise syllabus topics:
Section-1: Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
Section Highlights: Karnataka KMAT 2018 exam will test the candidates for English language ability.
Syllabus Topics: The KMAT 2018 Verbal Ability section would consist of questions on:
- Grammar – Parts of speech, Usage, Sentence correction,
- Idioms, Phrases – Meaning & applications
- Vocabulary usage, Fill in the Blanks
- Sentence completion
- Synonyms, Antonyms,
- Reading Comprehension passages: There would be questions on understanding of the contents of the passages and choice of appropriate words, phrases, expressions and similar language skills in KMAT 2018 exam
- The RC passages questions are based on their contents to test comprehension.
Section-2: Quantitative Ability
Section Highlights: The questions in this section of KMAT 2018 exam will be of matriculation standard. This shall include questions to know how fast and accurate you can work with numbers, do numerical calculations, understand various arithmetic problems involving various topics.
Syllabus Topics: Quantitative Ability section in KMAT for MBA Entrance Exam will have questions from following topics:
- Arithmetic is the main stay in KMAT Quantitative Ability section
- Questions are based on:
- Ratio & Proportion
- Interest – Simple & Compound
- Time & Speed/Time and Work
- Number System
- Profit, loss and discount
- Lines and Angles
- Permutataion and Combination
Graphs, Charts and Lines
This test also helps to measure your power of quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, common graphs & charts.
Section-3: Logical and Abstract Reasoning
Section Highlights: This section in Karnataka KMAT 2018 exam shall include questions to measure how quickly and accurately you can think. The section may have questions in sets as well individual ones based on Verbal Reasoning, analogy among others.
Syllabus Topics: Reasoning section in KMAT for MBA Entrance Exam will have questions from following topics:
- Verbal Reasoning
- Blood Relations
- Coding & Decoding
- Course of Action
- Critical Reasoning
- Family tree
- Statement Conclusions
- Strong and weak Arguments