NMAT Exam Preparation for NMAT 2018 exam, scheduled in a 75 day Test Window from October 4 to December 17, 2018 as an online computer based test can get admission in prestigious MBA/PGDM 2019-21 programme at NMIMS Mumbai, XIMB, VIT and many other MBA colleges.
NMAT 2018 exam preparation is ideally started well in advance as per the NMAT by GMAC exam pattern. Since NMAT is now conducted by NMAT by GMAC and not by NMIMS Mumbai, the NMAT Exam preparation must be well defined and one of the important points which differentiate NMAT preparation leading to maximising your attempts is the facility of three attempts in NMAT and freedom to choose the order of sections on NMAT exam day.
Since there is no section on GK for NMAT 2018, there is no need to study GK for NMAT 2018 preparation. However, a good understanding will be required in the final selection round. So you will need to prepare GK for NMAT to face the PI round after the NMAT exam is over.
With 75 days of self scheduling the NMAT exam available with you, how to prepare for NMAT Exam preparation 2018 can be well planned. Even if a candidate who does not start the NMAT by GMAC preparation 4-5 months in advance, can plan the NMAT 2018 preparation strategy now and can appear in NMAT exam after he/she has done well the NMAT by GMAC exam preparation.
Your NMAT Preparation 2018 should be focussed on following key points:
- When and How to prepare for NMAT
- Which are the NMAT Preparation Books
- What NMAT Preparation Material is available apart from the books
- NMAT Preparation Tips
- Preparation with NMAT Coaching or Self preparation-which is better
- NMAT Preparation Online or Offline
- Strategy – How to crack NMAT Exam with High score
NMAT Exam 2018 Preparation Time: An Important Factor
As the NMAT preparation time goes on reducing month after month with every passing day, you need to revisit your NMAT preparation strategy and synchronise it with remaining NMAT by GMAC exam preparation Time. NMAT preparation tips by experts and toppers who suggest ‘How to prepare for NMAT in 3 months or 2 months’; ‘How to crack NMAT Exam with a planned NMAT Exam Preparation strategy in 2 months’ and so on, are more relevant as the NMAT preparation time is short now.
NMAT Coaching or NMAT Preparation 2018 at Home
With the available NMAT by GMAC preparation time, you need to find out whether to go for NMAT coaching or start NMAT Exam 2018 Preparation at home. One of the important NMAT by GMAC preparation tips for beginners is to come out of this dilemma of moving between NMAT coaching and NMAT preparation at home.
If you wish to prepare with NMAT Coaching, it is important to find out the best coaching for NMAT exam preparation. Even the best coaching for NMAT exam may have its draw backs in regard to imparting NMAT by GMAC coaching on certain topics. So alongwith your preparation through the best NMAT coaching, you should find out the best coaching for NMAT exam preparation 2018 for the topics where you feel you are weak and need greater attention but not catered at your coaching institute.
If you wish to go for self preparation for NMAT by GMAC, you need to understand first how to prepare for NMAT exam at home with the help of NMAT Preparation Books, NMAT by GMAC official guide, and other appropriate NMAT preparation Material like NMAT Mocks and NMAT previous test papers. So instead of getting involved into NMAT coaching, focus on NMAT preparation books recommended by experts, toppers and NMAT by GMAC exam conducting authority. The comprehensive NMAT by GMAC preparation material is available in NMAT by GMAC official Guide 2018 and the best section wise NMAT preparation material is included in the preparation books by Arun Sharma, preparation book by Nishit Sinha, online and offline NMAT 2018 Study Material for NMAT preparation, NMAT exam Quiz 2018, NMAT Mock test 2018 and so on. These NMAT Preparation Tips 2018 can guide you in right direction to NMAT Exam 2018 Preparation and make you aware how to prepare for NMAT exam leading to high score in NMAT by GMAC.
NMAT by GMAC Preparation Tips
NMAT Preparation Tips 2018 will guide you how to start NMAT 2018 Exam Preparation as per the NMAT by GMAC exam pattern and NMAT by GMAC syllabus. When you begin your NMAT Preparation Online or offline, you should keep in mind the following tips for NMAT preparation:
- NMAT Exam Pattern
- NMAT 2018 Syllabus
- Online NMAT preparation
- How to prepare for NMAT in 6 months?
- How to prepare for NMAT in 3 months?
- How to prepare for NMAT in 2 months?
- How to prepare for NMAT without coaching and with self study?
- Books for NMAT preparation
- NMAT Preparation with Coaching
- NMAT Mock Test & NMAT Previous Test Papers
NMAT 2018 Exam Pattern
NMAT exam pattern has not very much changed even after it is conducted now by GMAC instead of NMIMS. With effect from 2015, GMAC has been conducting NMAT with a changed name NMAT by GMAC with almost no change in the exam pattern or difficulty level, although slight aspirant friendly changes are introduced every year in NMAT by GMAC exam patter and application process.
One of the best online MBA entrance exams, NMAT is free from any negative marking and awards a choice to take NMAT exam 3 times to improve your score. Still you need to devise a well chalked out plan for your NMAT exam 2018 preparation as per the NMAT exam pattern.
Not only this, the basics of the NMAT by GMAC exam have not changed over the years. As per the NMAT exam pattern 2018, it will consist of 3 sections with a total of 120 questions. There is the facility to choose order of sections and follow the same. Each section in NMAT 2018 exam is to be attempted within the prescribed sectional time limit. You need to ensure high and balanced score in each of the 3 sections as there is also a sectional score cut off in NMIMS for shortlisting.
NMAT 2018: Key Facts
- Exam Dates available for Self Scheduling: October 4 to December 17, 2018
- NMAT 2018 Testing Mode: Online Computer Based Test
- Total Questions: 120
- Time Duration: 2 Hours
- Number of sections: 3
- Negative Marking (MCQs): No Negative Marking
- Score awarded for each correct answer: +1 Mark
NMAT 2018: Sectional Composition
The NMAT 2018 exam pattern will have the entire NMAT 2018 exam divided in 3 sections namely Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning:
Sectional Time Limit (In Minutes)
NMAT 2018 Exam Syllabus
NMAT 2018 exam Syllabus consists of multiple choice objective type questions (in English). Going by the previous trend of NMAT questions, the NMAT 2018 Syllabus covers the following major topics in each of the three sections:
- Language Skills: Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension
- Quantitative Skills: Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry & other topics
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning
The NMAT Syllabus is revamped with different type of questions appearing in each NMAT exam. GMAC releases every year the changes in test taking strategy and expected type of questions in the exam as per the NMAT syllabus. Recently, GMAC has also released the NMAT preparation guide with NMAT syllabus to help the candidates prepare better for NMAT by GMAC exam 2018.
To prepare for NMAT exam as per NMAT exam Syllabus, it should be kept in mind that there is no repetition of NMAT exam questions in NMAT by GMAC exam although difficulty level of the questions in NMAT exam would not go out of NMAT exam syllabus.
No NMAT preparation without NMAT Syllabus
You will find it difficult to proceed with NMAT exam preparation even if you have all the NMAT preparation material, unless you know the NMAT exam syllabus. NMAT by GMAC exam syllabus is much wider than one can anticipate and is updated every year.
NMAT syllabus does not leave any study topic untouched. If you go through the NMAT exam syllabus, it will help you to decide when to begin NMAT preparation, How to prepare for NMAT 2018; What important topics covered in NMAT syllabus need your focused attention in NMAT preparation and so on so forth... Read More about NMAT Exam Syllabus
How to Prepare for NMAT at home?
NMAT Exam preparation 2018 should be started at home now without waiting any further. GMAC, that conducts NMAT by GMAC since 2015 suggests self preparation for NMAT exam by taking its help. NMAT Exam preparation tips to start NMAT preparation at home are:
- Go through the NMAT exam pattern
- Read thoroughly the NMAT syllabus 2018
- Pick out your strong and weak areas in all the sections
- Gather the best books for NMAT preparation and other study material for NMAT 2018 preparation
- Improve on your weak areas and monitor the improvement regularly
- Take as many NMAT Mocks during your NMAT exam preparation and do the analysis of each Mock. Without analysis of Mock, attempting a mock test may not be useful.
How to prepare for NMAT Exam in 6 months?
NMAT preparation tips for beginners or for the repeaters are not much different. NMAT preparation time of 6 months is more than sufficient to crack the exam. Following should be adhered to before proceeding on NMAT preparation journey:
- As you are left with sufficient NMAT exam preparation time, first of all go through and understand the NMAT exam structure
- Thoroughly Read the NMAT 2018 exam syllabus as it is released officially
- Find out your strong and weak areas
- Start building up the fundamentals and get conceptual clarity on the topics which fall in your weak areas
- Don’t waste too much time on theory. If you have understood the basics, attempt NMAT sectional quiz.
- Practice after theory is a must. Accordingly take periodical NMAT 2018 Quiz, attempt NMAT Mock tests, NMAT previous years question papers
- Get the best NMAT preparation material with best books for NMAT preparation.
- Periodically assess yourself and overcome your weaknesses.
- Remain confident right from the day one during your NMAT preparation journey.
- Self Preparation is the best preparation strategy for NMAT 2018 however time is also an important factor. If a candidate gets stuck on some question due to his/her lack of conceptual clarity, the wastage of time is more and depression begins to set in. It could be a small quant formula, LR logic, or Verbal usage clarity which might need a simple push to come out of the shallow waters. This help can be provided by your mentor online or offline depending upon your preference or a mix of both.
How to prepare for NMAT in 3 months?
NMAT preparation time of three months is not short. What you have done in last 2-3 months or whatever you have prepared can be revised now in three months with various NMAT preparation tools. NMAT preparation strategy for three months is shared below:
- Check if you have achieved good clarity on fundamentals and have strengthened your basics
- Alongwith going through the books for NMAT preparation, visit number of online NMAT preparation material
- It is time that you started taking NMAT Mock test, analyse your errors and rectify them
- Instead of reading the theory again and again, now you should attempt the question and when you are stuck, visit the basics and clarify your point to clear the confusion
- Solve NMAT previous year question papers
- Join a good Test series for NMAT preparation
How to prepare for NMAT 2018 in 2 months?
Many NMAT toppers are of the view that NMAT preparation time of two months is good enough to crack NMAT exam provided you study effectively. This way even 2 months are good to score 99 percentile if you are sincere enough.
- Focus more on NMAT Exam Quiz, NMAT Mock tests, different types of questions as appeared in NMAT
- Don’t leave any NMAT Mock Test without analyzing it
- Go through the Books for NMAT preparation and the NMAT preparation material and ensure that you have gone through the sectional and overall quiz and practice tests in these NMAT preparation books.
- Get the NMAT by GMAC 2018 preparation guide released by GMAC, it contains lot of NMAT study material, practice tests, previous test papers, Mocks
- There are some strong areas within your weak areas and some weak areas within your strong areas. Try to focus on all the weak areas and see if you are able to improve them. However, you should not waste more time on them. Instead focus more on your strong areas and improve them further.
How to prepare for NMAT without coaching and with self study?
There is no substitute of NMAT preparation with self study which does not require any coaching until and unless you are stuck. Experts therefore, recommend that you should start your NMAT 2018 exam preparation by self study and later make it a mix of self study as well as help from coaching to avoid wastage of time.
- Self Preparation is the best preparation strategy for NMAT 2018 however time is also an important factor. If you get stuck on some question, don’t waste time and move on. Later take help of NMAT preparation expert to come out of the dilemma.
- Most of the candidates coming from Engineering or other technical background find it easy to get along well with Quant, DI and LR but when it comes to Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, they find the section too difficult. It is where they need an expert guidance.
- NMAT preparation 2018 needs improvement in your speed and accuracy as the time to solve per question is less than one minute. It will therefore, not be sufficient to score overall high in 2018; your section wise score should also be high to become eligible for shortlisting at NMIMS, XIMB or other top B-schools accepting NMAT scores.
- NMAT 2018 preparation should equip you with continuous sitting for 2 hours without break. To achieve this you are required to take more Mocks, NMAT previous year test papers.
Books for NMAT preparation
NMAT preparation books and NMAT preparation material online or offline play a major role in helping you score high in the NMAT by GMAC exam. A few of the best books for NMAT preparation recommended are:
NMAT Preparation Book by GMAC
Graduate Management Admission Council has released a comprehensive ‘NMAT by GMAC 2018 Preparation Guide’. This NMAT preparation book is the authentic and official NMAT 2018 preparation guide. The book contains NMAT by GMAC 2018 syllabus, fundamentals to prepare, access to NMAT Mocks, CD to prepare, previous NMAT questions, probable NMAT questions among others. This NMAT preparation book is available online at a price of Rs.600+.
Section-wise Important Books for NMAT Preparation:
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT’- by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay
- ‘Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT’ - by Nishit K Sinha
- Latest RC Passages and practice questions provided by Study centres like TIME, CL among others
- Editorial and short articles published in English news papers
- ‘Word Power Made Easy’ – by Norman Lewis
- ‘High School English Grammar & Composition’ – by Wren & Martin
- Regularly solve the Verbal Ability questions from your study material especially on Para summary, Jumbled Paragraphs
- ‘Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT’ - by Nishit K Sinha (Published by Pearson)
- ‘How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT’ - by Arun Sharma (Published by McGraw Hill)
- ‘Logical Reasoning and data Interpretation for the CAT’ - by Nishit K Sinha (Published by Pearson)
Following books and study material have remained a good NMAT preparation tool for Quant for past many years:
- ‘How to prepare for Quantitative for the CAT’ - by Arun Sharma, published by MGH Education
- ‘Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT’ – by Nishit K.Sinha, Published by Pearson
- ‘The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for competitive exams’
- Quant study modules by TIME, CL, IMS
NMAT Preparation with Coaching
NMAT coaching helps you overcome many weak areas. Choose for the best coaching for NMAT preparation, if you wish to prepare for NMAT 2018 exam with the help of coaching. TIME, CL, IMS are considered as some of the best coaching institutes to prepare for NMAT by GMAC exam.
NMAT coaching online is a good answer to the working professionals who find it difficult to attend regular class room coaching for NMAT. During the past few years preference for NMAT online coaching has gone up many times. In fact, NMAT online preparation through online coaching for NMAT is more cost effective, less time consuming and offers you more time to practice NMAT by GMAC question papers and NMAT exercises.
NMAT Mock Test for NMAT Preparation 2018
NMAT 2018 Mock Tests and NMAT Previous Years Question Papers are the major NMAT preparation tools for NMAT 2018 exam. Alongwith the NMAT Mock tests, NMAT exam quiz, also play a major role in improving your speed and accuracy in NMAT preparation.
NMAT Mock test alongwith NMAT previous years test papers and NMAT sample test papers for NMAT 2018 are also released by GMAC. Besides, prepared by top experts and NMAT toppers, the NMAT sample papers are available to help in your NMAT preparation. Don’t miss them...Take NMAT Mocks, Previous NMAT test papers
How to Crack NMAT Exam with 95 Percentile
It may be noted that NMAT has no negative marking so the attempts are more by test takers. Besides, you have the opportunity to retake the NMAT exam two more times to improve your score. If you have prepared well, it is not very difficult to score high in NMAT by GMAC. Even half of the total questions in NMAT exam are correct, you will get full marks and can fetch you a percentile in the range of 92 to 95. So prepare accordingly. NMAT Preparation does not require you to study round the clock, instead you need to study smartly and with intelligent approach to crack the questions correctly in minimum time to achieve high score.