Group Discussion Topics & Tips
- GD is key to MBA admission 2018 in FMS, XLRI, MDI & other top MBA colleges. It commands 10 to 15 percent weightage in MBA admission in top MBA colleges.
- GD Topics: It is necessary to have good knowledge about the latest GD topics, to be able to add value on content.
- GD Tips: Before entering GD round must know how to start a group discussion, take lead, make positive impact, key GD skills,
- Top 100 GD Topics: Factual, current affairs, Business & Economy, Social Issues, Abstract topics figure in GD round and may include GST, Demonetization, Govt Initiatives, & other topics expected in top MBA colleges
- MBAUniverse.com has prepared summary of key facts and information needed for Top GD Topics. Read below the solved GD topic and prepare your content based on the information.
Red is red, Blue is blue and never the two shall meet
Abstract topics may act as a blessing in disguise. Though they lack a structured framework but provide liberty to get creative and proceed in any possible direction. On the same lines we have provided some possible interpretations which can be further extended.
- Red, the color of blood and fire, is associated with meanings of love, passion, aggression.
- Blue represents both the sky and the sea, and is associated with open spaces, freedom, imagination, and flexibility. Blue also represents meanings of depth, trust, loyalty, stability, faith, heaven, and intelligence.
- Apart from their conventional representations, Red and Blue color in the United States have a political significance. The color Red signifies Republican supporters and Blue signifies Democratic supporters.
- In the Presidential election for the year 2000 and afterwards, television news relied heavily on colored maps to illustrate how close the election between Al Gore and George W. Bush was. Those map colors quickly became popular indicators for Republicans and Democrats, and it was the ubiquity of the maps that caused the colors to stick to their current parties.
- President Barack Obama denounced the terminology red state and blue state by stating that “the pundits like to slice and dice our country into red states and blue states: red states for Republicans, blue states for Democrats. We are one people … all of us defending the United States of America."
- The two parties have different ideologies so do not come to a common ground.
- While red and blue signify opposite ends because of their positions in the color display spectrum. However, they are not always opposing but sometimes compliment each other. Their confluence can be witnessed on a beautiful sunset on a calm blue see.
Tips to crack GD round
This topic in GD round is one of the hot topics which has made its appearance in GD round of many B-schools and is placed in almost every year in top MBA colleges. The topic has been carefully chosen and solved with the sole aim to help you succeed in GD round. If you follow the few key tips, you can improve your chances to get through the GD round
- Abstract GD Topic is more opinion based and can be taken to any direction depending upon your thought process and direction. So be careful while sharing your opinion as the first speaker. If you are clear and know the topic well, it is good to be the first to start the Group Discussion
- Keep your ideas on positive side creating a good hope instead of criticizing the past.
- If you are not well versed with the topic and feel a bit confused on it, try to gather information from first 1-2 speakers and then place your view point.
- Since GD is a sort of debate, you should have a clear view point on the
- Use the quote and data, if you are sure of the source else leave it.
- Make multiple entries using the opportunity to speak. Take clue from your predecessor and turn it to your benefit
- Speak in a firm and audible voice. Don’t shout as it wouldn’t do any good.
- Demonetisation: Success & failures
- Linking of Aadhaar: Is making Aaadhar mandatory a good idea?
- Start up India: Boosting Entrepreneurship
- FDI in retail: Good for India?
- Budget Cycle Change: Only a move of convenience
- GST: Will economy grow faster with reduced rates of Goods & Services Tax?
- Merger of Public Sector Banks: How beneficial is the merger of Banks?
- Make in India: The idea will make India a manufacturing hub
- Bank Recapitalization: NPA reduction and not bank recapitalization can cure the health of PSBs in India
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao: Will it abolish the orthodox mindset?