The selection process at MICA involves three steps:
Step-I: Apply with CAT/ XAT/GMAT. Each candidate has to take at least one of the three exams: CAT/ XAT/GMAT.
Step-II: MICA Admission Test (MICAT). All candidates are assessed on MICAT, which consists of 6 sections: Psychometric (P), Verbal ability (VA), Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation (QADI), General awareness (GA), Divergent and Convergent Thinking (DCT), and Descriptive Test (DT).
Step-III: GE & PI: All the candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in CAT/XAT/GMAT & MICAT shall appear for both GE & PI.
Preparation of Merit List: All those candidates who appear in GE & PI, and fulfill the following conditions will be considered for the merit list:
- Majority recommendation by all the panel members of PI.
- At least 3.5 or more on a 5-point scale in GE
- At least 4 or more on a 5-point scale in PI
- For all those who meet the criteria a final composite score (FCS) shall be created based on the following weightage:
CAT/XAT/GMAT and 20%; MICAT 30%; GE 20%; PI 30%; (Scaled Scores will be used for MICAT).
- Short listed candidates will be called for GE and PI at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai.
MICAT 2017: Application fee: MICAT Application Fee is Rs. 1965.