MICA Ahmedabad will announce the shortlist of candidates for GE-PI round for admission to its flagship PGDM-C 2018-20 batch on March 1, 2018 after declaration of MICAT-II result on February 26.
One of the key components in shortlisting criteria, MICAT carries a weightage of 50% while the National level exams like CAT 2017, XAT 2018 or GMAT scores will also be awarded 50% weight while finalizing the shortlist for final selection round. Those candidates who have appeared both in MICAT-1 and MICAT-II stand a better chance in shortlisting as their better scores in MICAT will be considered.
MICA has introduced a new admissions process where candidates are given two opportunities to take the MICAT exam – MICAT-1 and MICAT-II and participate in the GE and PI.
MICAT is a computer-based exam in place of the pen and paper model. For those who have appeared in both MICAT - I and II, the better of the two scores are considered for admission.
GE-PI in MICA: Your next step
The GE and PI round at MICA consists of a series of interactions with the candidates to assess their suitability for the Strategic Marketing and Communication driven industry sectors. This, according to MICA,does not require any prior preparation.
Are you a right candidate for MICA? Assess yourself
MICA admission chair Prof Ashutosh Dutt says that MICA would prefer an applicant who has following qualities:
- Inherent ability to think out of the box and apply it meaningfully for problem solving
- Strong inclination to excel in the areas of strategic marketing and communications as against doing a generic MBA
- Highly motivated to learn and unlearn and relearn in a digitally enabled world of today
MICAT score to be considered at two stages
It is extremely important to score well on MICAT-II as MICA will consider this score at two stages – at the time of shortlisting and while preparing final merit list for admission.
Shortlisting for GE and PI
MICA would calculate a cut off by looking at an aggregate score of both MICAT and CAT/XAT/GMAT.
Preparation of Final Merit list
MICA will look at the MICAT score while preparing the final list of selected students. At that time CAT/XAT/GMAT score will have a weightage of 20% and MICAT score will have a weightage of 30%.
According to MICA, ‘We expect our prospective candidates to be well-read, innovative and intelligent with an analytical bent of mind. A regular habit of reading newspapers and practice in analytical and creative writing would be useful.’
3 Step selection process
PGDM-C 2018-20 selection process involves three steps which are:
Step - I : You must have appeared in CAT 2017, or XAT 2018 or GMAT (2016 onwards)
Step - II : You should register and apply for MICA Admission Test –MICAT-1 or MICAT-II
Step - III : Participate in Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI) on the designated date
Scoring in MICAT
The score obtained individually by a candidate ‘X’ in a particular component of MICAT-I/MICAT-II,e.g. Verbal Ability (VA) will be converted into Scaled Score using the following sample formula for one of the components:
VA: Scaled Score -VA of a candidate 'X' in MICAT-I/MICAT-II = (Score -VA of the candidate 'X' /Maximum obtained by any candidate amongst the candidates who have appeared in MICAT-I/MICAT-II in VA) multiplied by Maximum Possible Score in VA in MICAT-I/ MICAT-II.
Similarly Scaled Scores will be calculated for all the MICAT-I/MICAT-II components using sample formula in point i) namely: VA, QADI, GA, DCT and DT.
Total MICAT-I/MICAT-II score will be calculated using Scaled Scores for each of the MICAT components, namely: VA, QADI, GA, DCT and DT
The exact cut-offs depend on various factors like the applicants’ pool, the distribution of CAT and MICAT scores etc. which may change year to year.
Shortlisting process for GE-PI
- Psychometric test in GE-PI round is a qualifier. Those who qualify on the Psychometric, their CAT/XAT/GMAT relative performance will be considered. (This is based on their relative performance in CAT/XAT/GMAT, subject to a minimum cut-off in CAT total percentile/XAT total percentile/GMAT score)
- Those who qualify based on the CAT/XAT cut-off or GMAT score shall be assessed for the following MICAT sections: Verbal ability (VA), Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation (QADI), General awareness (GA), and Divergent and Convergent Thinking (DCT).
- Those who qualify on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut-off in Scaled Scores for each of these sections (namely: VA, QADI, GA and DCT) and CAT/XAT cut-off or GMAT score shall have their Descriptive Tests evaluated.
- Those who qualify on the basis of above parameters and on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut-off in Scaled Score in DT shall be considered for short listing for GE and PI.
- Shortlist will be prepared on the basis of MICAT-I and /or II or better of the two relative performances if a candidate has taken both MICAT-I and MICAT-II. (This will be prepared based on the Composite Score formula of 50% CAT/XAT/GMAT and 50% MICAT).
- Approximately 1/10th of the total number of candidates who appear in the two MICATs are shortlisted for GE & PI based on the Total MICAT Scaled Score
MICA is an autonomous, non-profit institution. It offers a wide-range of academic programmes including following 3 residential programs:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Communications (PGDM-C),
- Crafting Creative Communication (CCC)
- Fellow Programme in Management-Communications (FPM-C)
MICA will offer admission to limited number of 180 candidates for PGDM-C 2018-20 batch. The PGDM-C programme fee at MICA is Rs.16.50 lakhs for 2 years.
MICA has consistently had 100% placements for both final and summer internships. Some of the most respected companies and brands of the world recruit from MICA. Highest salary in Placement 2017 stood at Rs.56 lakhs/annum and the average salary at Rs.12.65 lakhs/annum. Summer internships this year have risen to a new high of Rs.2 lakhs as the highest stipend and average of 61,000. Both final and summers have had international placements.
MICA has created a niche in management education with consistently achieving and aspiring for yet higher standards. It is a unique institution with unique approach in pedagogy and learning; in selecting the students for admission to its flagship programme.
Established in 1991, MICA is the only residential institute in the country, and perhaps in the Asia-Pacific region, dedicated to creating leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication. It differs from other B-Schools in terms of the range & depth of the courses that are offered to its students.
MBA/PGDM Admissions 2018 Open - Important Dates
For your benefit, MBAUniverse.com has listed important MBA/PGDM Admission Application Deadlines. Check now
Chandragupt Institute of Management Patna (CIMP)
Application for PGDM 2018-20 at CIMP is open till March 15, 2018
Application Open for One year PGP at SOIL Gurgaon
N. L. Dalmia
Admission Open for PGDM Batch 2018-20. Apply Now
KCT Business School Coimbatore
Admission Open for MBA 2018-20 Batch. Apply Now.
Great Lakes Chennai and Gurgaon
PGDM Application Deadline- 25 Feb, 2018.
MBA Admission Open for Batch 2018 - 20. Apply Now
New Delhi Institute of Management
Application for MBA/PGDM 2018-20 at NDIM is open
BIMTECH Greater Noida
Application Open for PGDM 2018-20 at BIMTECH Greater Noida
Jaypee Business School Noida
Admission Open for MBA 2018-20 Batch. Apply Now.
Manav Rachna Faridabad
Admission Open for MBA 2018-20. Apply Now.
Application Open for PGDM Batch 2018-20. Apply Now
Application Open for PGDM Batch 2018-20
Application Open for PGDM/PGDM-IB/PGDM-RM
We School Mumbai
Application Open for PGDM 2018-20 Batch