CAT 2019 toppers
CAT 2018 Toppers List and CAT 2018 Toppers Interview: Rounak Majumdar, Swapnil Suman
CAT 2018 Result were declared at 10AM on January 5, 2019. Here are some key CAT Toppers trends for CAT 2018.
- Maximum 100 percentile was secured by 11 students in CAT 2018. Rounak Majumdar & Swapnil Suman are two of them.
- All 11 toppers are Male and all are from Engineering/Technology education background.
- A total of 21 candidates have scored an overall 99.99 %. Out of 21, 19 candidates from engineering or technology background.
- Out of 2,09,405 candidates who took CAT 2018, 1,36,075 were male students and 73326 were girls
- Seven students from Maharashtra have secured 100 %, while two from West Bengal, and one each from Karnataka and Bihar.
- Twin brothers and IIT Delhi students have both secured 99.9 percentile!
MBAUniverse.com has published CAT Toppers List and CAT Toppers Interview below. Check now.
CAT Toppers 2018
|CAT 2018 Topper||Overall Percentile|
1. CAT 2018 Topper - Amit Bikram
- Overall: 100 Percentile
- VARC: 99.6
- DILR: 99.93
- Amit Bikram’s overall scaled score is 235.18, Sectional scaled scores are – VARC:79.59; DILR:60.51; Quant:95.07
- Amit Bikram belongs to Mumbai. Plans to join one of the top three IIMs-IIM Ahmdabad, Bangalore or Calcutta.
- Started Self Preparation in May 2018. Spent first two months in concept revision and strengthening the fundamentals. Did not take coaching for theory part
- Started Taking Mock from August 2018 with one Mock per week and analysed it for mistakes and improved.
- Later took one mock per day during the month before CAT 2018 exam day. In all attempted 30+ Mocks
- Was weak in VARC and DILR and consistently worked upon to improve on them and scored well
- Took the Mocks from Career Launcher and registered for e-Test series of IMS and practiced the variety of questions from Arun Sharma.
- Improved vocabulary and reading skills by reading a lot. Did not take short cuts and practiced a lot.
Message for CAT 2019 Aspirants
- Four months are good enough to complete CAT syllabus
- Take only need based coaching
- Know your own strengths and weaknesses. Make preparation plan accordingly
- Don’t follow others’ preparation strategy.
2. CAT 2018 Topper- Niranjan Prasad
- Overall: 100 Percentile
- B.Tech (Dual Degree) Final Year student IIT Madras
- Belongs to small town Manipal in Udupi District
- Has scored top Rank in National Talent Search Competition
- Started self preparation Last Year
- Identified his weak areas first then practiced more and more
3. CAT 2018 Topper - Rickshesh Manchanda
- Overall: 100 Percentile
IITD Alumnus, Working in a Bank in Pune, Scored 99.99 in CAT 2017 also
4. CAT 2018 Topper - Rounak Majumdar
- Overall: 100 Percentile
- VARC: 99.95
- DILR: 99.98
- QA: 100
- College: IIT Kanpur
- Has cleared Chartered Financial Analyst Level I
- Had taken the test series programs at a few major coaching institutes in India.
Raunak Majumdar’s preparation was focussed on Mock Tests. He says he attempted around 30-35 mocks before the exam! He has applied to top IIMs, FMS and XLRI. He wants to pursue a career in finance, preferably investment banking, after MBA.
5. CAT 2018 Topper - Swapnil Suman
- CAT 2018 overall percentile: 100 %
- VARC percentile: 99.23 %
- DILR percentile: 99.99 %
- QA percentile: 100 %
- Swapnil Suman is a Mechanical Engineer
- He was born in Patna and is working in Petrochemical industry. M
- Successful use of Mock Tests was his success mantra at CAT 2018
- He did not join any coaching institute for preparation but used Mock test series from prominent coaching institutes
6. CAT 2018 Topper- Kaustubh Vyas
- Overall CAT 2018 Percentile: 99.99 %
- Vyas is a fourth-year student at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay
- He hails from Nagpur
- His CAT 2018 strategy was effective time management
7. CAT 2018 Topper - Kishan Kashyap
- Overall CAT 2018 Percentile: 99.99 %
- VARC – 99.23 %
- DILR – 99.95 %
- QA – 99.97 %
- Kishan is a resident of Delhi and is CAT 2018 Topper from Delhi
- He took CAT 2018 in second shift
8. CAT 2018 Topper - Karan
- Overall Percentile: 99.91
- Quantitative Aptitude: 99.49 %
- DILR: 99.4 %
- VARC: 999.88 %
Karan has been preparing for CAT 2018 for last 9 months. Karan joined a top coaching center to prepare in an organized manner. Mocks were the most important part of his CAT 2018 preparation and would have attempted 20+ Mocks.
9. CAT 2018 Topper - Mayur Arora
- Overall Percentile: 99.88 %
- Quantitative Aptitude: 99.83 %
- DILR: 99.59 %
- VARC: 97.75 %
- Took test series of IMS and TIME.
- Applied to IIMs, FMS, MDI, XLRI, SPJIMR.
- Would like to work in a marketing/ product management function post MBA
Mayur Arora started preparation 6 months back in July as he believed that 6 months are enough for concepts and mock tests. He too believes that Mocks are important and took about 40 mock tests in total before CAT.
10. CAT 2018 Topper - Kushaagr Panwar
- Overall CAT Percentile: 99.6 %
- VARC: 99.69 %
- DILR: 98.76 %
- QA: 97.3 %
- Had attempted around 40 Mocks
- Has applied to all IIMs, FMS and XLRI
11. CAT 2018 Topper - Kuldeep Atri
- Overall: 99.44 Percentile
- VARC: 97.44
- DILR: 99.16
- QA: 98.43
- Home Town: Udaipur (Rajasthan)
12. CAT 2018 Topper - Avinash Misal
- Overall CAT 2018 Percentile - 99.37 %
- VARC: 99.4%
- DILR: 98.5%
- QA: 96.8%
- Avinash did CAT Coaching at TIME in Bangalore
- He studied at Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology
- He is a Software Engineer by profession
13. CAT 2018 Topper - Pratik Mishra
- Overall Percentile: 99.33 %
- VARC Percentile: 97.1 %
- DILR Percentile: 99.7 %
- QA Percentile: 996.9 %
- Prepared with books by Arun Sharma
- Didn’t attend any coaching center
- Is keen on top IIMs and FMS
Pratik Mishra started seriously preparing for CAT 2018 in August only. He used Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma and solved Sudoku puzzle daily! He didn’t study at any coaching institute but the test series provided by coaching centres prove to be of great help. He also used Arun Sharma’s book on DI. Pratik Mishra has applied to all IIMs, FMS Delhi and NITIE Mumbai.
CAT 2018 Toppers Interviews from Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad, Chandigarh and other cities will be published on this page soon.
CAT toppers 100 percentile has been on the rise for the last 3 years. A total of 20 candidates have scored an overall 100 percentile in CAT 2017 as against 16 two years ago. Two women candidates and three Non-Engineers are amongst CAT 2017 Toppers. To help CAT 2018 aspirants, MBAUniverse.com has gathered CAT toppers Interviews with the CAT exam preparation toppers strategy. It will broadly guide the CAT 2018 aspirants on CAT toppers strategy on how do toppers prepare for CAT; CAT topper online preparation strategy; last minute tips from CAT toppers, Role of Mocks in CAT preparation by toppers among others.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on CAT Toppers.
Register Now for Latest Update - Don't miss it
Umang AgarwalExam score :
Umang Agarwal: IIM Ahmedabad batch 2017-19
Ph.D in Animal Sciences
A Ph.D. in Animal Sciences from University of Maryland, Umang has six years of experience in animal and human nutrition research in the US. He worked with multiple animal species and humans to understand the partitioning of nutrients for increased production efficiency (in animals), and to understand the mechanisms of disease (in humans).
He believes that practical scientific interventions, coupled with the best management practices, are required to bring about a successful large-scale impact in the agribusiness sector. Towards this end, a PGP-FABM degree would make him a technical generalist who understands the scientific nuisances of the business along with the big picture of the food and agri-business sector.
Rashmi TeltumbdeExam score :
Rashmi Teltumbde: IIM Ahmedabad batch 2017-19
BBA from USA: Tennis Player, Ex-Captain – India Junior Fed Cup
Rashmi Teltumbde is from Mumbai. She finished her undergraduate degree from Texas Tech University in the US as BBA in Economics and Management in 2014 and has 14 academic awards there. She has a work experience of 28 months in Nettech Pvt Ltd as a Business Development Executive.
Being a professional tennis player, she has represented the country in 3 junior Grand Slams (two Australian Open and US Open) and also captained the junior Indian Fed Cup team. In her free time, she likes to coach tennis to kids, cook and travel. She believes a degree from IIMA would equip and ensure her goals would be reached quickly.
Ozair HamdaniExam score :
Ozair Hamdani: IIM Ahmedabad batch 2017-19
Educated in Africa: National level Chess Player
Pursuing MBA to help convert his ideas into actions, Ozair has previously interned with a start-up on a project funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. He has spent the majority of his life on the African continent, twelve years in Botswana, and four years pursuing his undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Cape Town, South Africa. He is also an avid reader, writer, and a national level chess player.
Kanishka KhaireExam score :
Kanishka Khaire: IIM Ahmedabad batch 2017-19
Innovator : Designer of Automatic watering system
The critical issue of public hygiene and sanitation & the ‘Swatchh Bharat Mission’ inspired Kanishka to think about these problems and build a practical solution. During his under-graduation, he designed an Automatic watering system for Urinals in collaboration with his professor. It has since been patented and published in the Indian Patent Journal.
A civil services aspirant, he sees himself contributing towards public policy in the long run. He decided to pursue management as he believes that managerial expertise is essential for effective implementation of government's policy.
Girish BajExam score :
Girish Baj: IIM Ahmedabad batch 2017-19
CoEP, Pune Graduate: Member, Satellite Launch Team of ‘Swayam’
An engineer from College of Engineering, Pune, Girish was a part of the college team that developed a student satellite ‘Swayam’ which was launched in space in coordination with ISRO. They also developed an earth station for communicating with satellites in space.
Girish believes the projects are a result of sustained team effort and commitment and should motivate more innovations and wonders from the youth. He chose to do study management as a blend of technology with management would make a perfect combination for future leaders and innovators.
C. S. PrakhyatExam score :
C. S. Prakhyat: IIM Ahmedabad batch 2017-19
Award winning Cinematographer & moviemaker
C.S.Prakhyat is a self-taught internationally acclaimed filmmaker with a very diverse portfolio consisting of documentaries, short films, music videos, advertisements and promo videos, all of which can be found on his Vimeo channel: The C.S.Prakhyat Experience. He has made 9 award-winning short films which have fetched him 17 International Film Festival selections, spanning the USA, UK, Canada, Slovenia and India. For this feat, he has been accredited with an IMDB page.
His decision behind joining MBA was to learn how to manage a film crew better and to develop a marketing acumen to increase the outreach of his films. When he isn’t shooting his next piece de resistance, he actively participates in quizzes and occasionally hosts them as well.
Aditi AgarwalExam score :
Aditi Agarwal: IIM Ahmedabad 2017-19 batch
NIFT Graduate: Fashion Designer
A fashion design graduate from NIFT, Raebareli, Aditi has worked in the online retail of Chikankari (native hand-embroidery of Lucknow) garments under the brand ‘Go Lucknow’.
She is passionate about handicrafts and painting. “To pursue my passion, I decided to go for design, but I soon realized that formal management training was the needed for me to take my family business forward which is my ambition in future,” she comments talking about her motivation to join IIMA. She hopes to give the brand ‘Go Lucknow’ a national and hopefully, global recognition, one day.
Aprajita SharmaExam score :
Aprajita Sharma: IIM Ahmedabad batch 2017-19
Masters in Public Policy, St Xaviers: Ex-LAMP fellow
A graduate with a Masters in Public Policy from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai, she has assisted a reputed Parliamentarian as a LAMP fellow. In her words, “An MBA at IIMA allows me to draw industry-government linkages to realize interventions nestled in a larger perspective of issues. My endeavor has been to combine my academic rigor with functional experiences by undertaking internships with UNDP, TMFL, NDTV, ITC SRA, Miditech and VIKSAT.”
She has represented university in Inter-Varsity Swimming and Basketball, and takes a keen interest public speaking, surfing, making short-films, and photography.
Apeksha SanganeriaExam score :
Apeksha Sanganeria: IIM Ahmedabad batch 2017-19
M.Sc Chemistry, BITS Pilani: Founder, MediDrive
Having graduated from BITS Pilani Hyderabad as a Bachelor of Pharmacy and Masters in Science, Chemistry, Apeksha worked in a healthcare startup called IndiaHealthLink. As Head of Business Development at IndiaHealthLink, she contributed to the company from its inception to seed funding stage. Having experienced the startup world, an MBA from IIM-A became the next step to get the managerial knowledge & prowess to become an influential force in the health care industry.
A belief in giving back to the society led her to start a social initiative called MediDrive to supply people in need with free medicines by collecting unused medicine from households. A certified rescue scuba diver with a specialty in wreck, night and deep diving, she is also an enthusiastic horse rider and an Emergency First Responder.
Anchal TaatyaExam score :
Anchal Taatya: IIM Ahmedabad batch 2017-19
NITK, Suratkal : Serial Entrepreneur & Founder, Urban Thela
An Entrepreneur & a CEO to have successfully set up and exited FMCG business – a Flour Mill with 250 Tonnes per day production and with 4X returns to promoters, Anchal’s current start-up, Urban Thela - Superfood Company, won 1st Prize in BYST (Tata Trust and IFCI organisation) B-plan Competition and he was also awarded Best All-Round student award at NITK Surathkal.
A fitness freak, he plans to summit Mt. Everest. In his own words, “I am doing MBA, because till now, I was running business intuitively, but I realized this is what I want to do for the rest of my life and it makes sense to have a strong technical foundation in business management.”