Extempore speech has become a key component in the final personal selection round of many top MBA colleges in India such as FMS Delhi, IMI New Delhi among others.
In Extempore speech,you need to speak for a minute or two on any given topic without any preparation. The Extempore speech at FMS Delhi precedes the Personal Interview while at IMI New Delhi the topic for extempore speech can be given before or during the PI round. See tips for preparing for Extempore speech and past topics at FMS & IMI at the end of this page.
Last opportunity to Apply to Top B-schools with CAT & XAT Scores
|BITS Pilani Admissions 2019||IFIM Bangalore Admissions 2019|
|BIM Trichy Admissions 2019||MICA Admissions 2019|
|NIA Pune Admissions 2019||IMT Admissions 2019|
Extempore Topics 2018 for MBA colleges:
Based on past trends and latest political and economic developments 2018, following is the list of top 50 topics for extempore speech for admissions 2018.
|Sr. No.||Extempore Topic||Type of Extempore Topic|
|1||Impact of Demonetization on India||Business & Economy|
|2||Banking Frauds||Business & Economy|
|3||Are scores a good measure of intelligence?||Abstract Topic|
|4||Reservations in India||Social Issue|
|5||Social Media is making us un- social.||Social Issue|
|6||Subsidy in Fertilizer sector.||Social Issue|
|7||Zero vs. Sunya||Abstract Topic|
|9||Red vs. Blue||Abstract Topic|
|10||Color Red||Abstract Topic|
|12||Should the budget for space program in India be invested into poverty alleviation?||Current Affairs|
|13||South Asia should have common currency like Europe||Business and Economy|
|14||Make in India vs. Make for India||Current Affairs|
|15||Current initiatives taken by the incumbent government||Current Affairs|
|16||Goods & Services Tax (GST)||Current Affairs|
|17||Negative Obsession with Artificial Intelligence.||Current Affairs|
|18||What Narendra Modi can do to stop engineers going for MBA to support his make in India?||Current Affairs|
|19||Rahul Dravid||Abstract Topic|
|20||Problems faced in Indian Power Sector.||Business and Economy|
|21||Mumbai and Gurgaon - similarities, differences in the various aspects.||Others|
|22||India's energy crisis and ways resolve it.||Business and Economy|
|23||Indian classical Music||Abstract Topic|
|25||Globalization||Business and Economy|
|26||India’s performance in commonwealth games 2018.||Current Affairs|
|27||Beef Ban in India||Social Issue|
|28||The significance of a person's handwriting||Abstract Topic|
|29||Global Terrorism||Social Issue|
|30||Man is born free but feels like in chains all his life.||Abstract Topic|
|31||India or China : the next super power||Current Affairs|
|33||Privatization of Universities||Business and Economy|
|34||Inefficacy of Indian Education System||Social Issue|
|35||Ignorance is bliss||Abstract Topic|
|36||Artificial Intelligence and Automation||Current Affairs|
|37||Inflation or Growth||Business and Economy|
|38||Unemployment in India||Social Issue|
|39||Rural Development||Social Issue|
|40||Women Empowerment||Social Issue|
|41||Data theft by social media platforms||Current Affairs|
|44||There is no novelty in this world.||Abstract Topic|
|45||India’s demographic dividend||Social Issue|
|46||Black Beauty||Abstract Topic|
|49||India as a nation is not too much of a quality concerned nation||Abstract Topic|
|50||Good economics is good politics||Social Issue|
|51||Individual freedom and civil society||Abstract Topic|
Extempore Topics for FMS Delhi
Following extempore topics have appeared for MBA Admissions at FMS Delhi in 2016 & 2017:
|1.||Subsidy in Fertilizer sector||Social Issue|
|2.||Mythology and Management||Abstract Topic|
|3.||Zero vs. Sunya||Abstract Topic|
|4.||Individual freedom and civil society||Abstract Topic|
Extempore Topics for IMI New Delhi
Following extempore topics have appeared for MBA Admissions at IMI New Delhi in 2016 & 2017:
|1.||Indian classical Music||Abstract Topic|
|2.||Goods & Services Tax (GST)||Business and Economy|
|3.||Negative Obsession with Artificial Intelligence.||Current Affairs|
|4.||India's energy crisis and ways resolve it.||Business and Economy|
Now that you know Extempore Topics 2018, let us learn how you can prepare for these topics.
B- Schools are now widely employing extempore as a part of their selection process because of its impromptu nature, which pulls out a candidate out of his/her comfort zone. Through extempore they usually test your presence of mind, flow of thought, speaking skills, and way of presenting your ideas in a scenario with limited time and under pressure. So in order to do well in extempore we have mentioned a few points.
Extempore Speech Tips:
- Prepare well: Though extempore means no preparation however, for any provided topic take some time to structure your oration. Note down the key points quickly to elaborate later.
- Structure: The structure could be like an essay: an introduction then main content followed by a conclusion at the end. This helps to maintain continuity of the speech.
- Multi dimensional approach: Try to take a neutral instance by assessing both the sides of the topic. Speaking unilaterally does not create a positive impact.
- Time Management: As the time is short, mange it effectively. Practice regularly by keeping a timer.
- Tone: The tone should be audible and engaging. Do not rush through the content; take pauses when required.
Read Latest GD Topics:
- Demonetisation: Success & failures
- Social Media: A boon or a bane for society and individuals
- Cashless Economy: Is Society ready for transformation?
- GST: Will economy grow faster with reduced rates of Goods & Services Tax?
- Walmart and Flipkart Deal: Impact on Indian Economy
- Impact of Technology on Jobs: Will Automation & Artificial Intelligence reduce or increase Jobs?
- Linking of Aadhaar: Is making Aaadhar mandatory a good idea?
- Crypto Currency: A bright future or just a fad?
- Make in India: The idea will make India a manufacturing hub
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao: Will it abolish the orthodox mindset?
Click here Top MBA Colleges Admission, Rankings, Program Fees & Placements, and to Ask your Query