Conducted by IIMs every year, Common Admission Test (CAT) is the largest MBA entrance exam leading to admission in top MBA colleges of India. IIM Kozhikode is conducting CAT 2019 and has announced that CAT Exam will have a combination of MCQs and Non-MCQs to provide level playing field to the students of all streams. With an increase of Rs.100/- in its exam fee to Rs.2000/-, the CAT Registration process begins on August 5, 2019 and will close on September 20, 2019. No change in the CAT exam pattern has been announced by the CAT convening IIM Kozhikode. Besides, the CAT exam duration remains of three hours with 100 questions divided in three sections, as was the last year.
CAT 2019 Registration Dates
CAT Registration Activity
CAT 2019 Registration Starts
August 5, 2019
CAT Registration Last Date
September 20, 2019
Closing time to Complete & Submit CAT Form
CAT 2019 Registration Fee
CAT Registration Last Date with late fee
(All dates are tentative)
All the candidates who complete their CAT 2019 registration within this CAT Registration window of more than 40 days will be treated at par in Test centre allotment and Test session allotment process. CAT exam is scheduled on Sunday November 24, 2019.
How to register for CAT 2019
CAT registration steps are simple and can be completed within the specified time although candidate can login again and again to complete the process as follows:
- Create a Profile at CAT website
- Log in with system generated User ID and Password to complete the 6 page CAT Application Form
- Submit Application after entering details and making online payment through Net banking/Credit card/Debit card
Guidelines for CAT 2019 registration process
- Once you create a profile after login as new candidate and receive your system generated OTP to get User ID and Password through SMS and on mail, next login should be as ‘registered candidate’ with the received ID & Password
- Keep the entire information ready before filling up the CAT application form
- The work experience is to be entered in completed months in CAT registration form
- The CAT online application form need not be completed in one go. You can revisit the CAT application form several times and complete it in steps.
- You will not be allowed to continue your CAT 2019 registration process, if mandatory information is not filled up.
- Wherever needed, required Certificates, scanned images of photographs, signature are to be uploaded, else your registration will remain incomplete
- If you forget your password during the CAT online registration process, you may click on the Forgot Password button on the Existing User login window. The new password will be sent in the email to you, and not as an SMS.
- Once you have completed the last section of CAT application form, i.e. Payment, your CAT 2019 application form is considered complete and you will receive a confirmation mail. After this, changes to any information on the application form are not possible.
Step by Step CAT 2019 Registration Process
CAT Registration 2019 and Application form can be completed in 3 steps:
Step-1: Fill in Registration form first
- -You need to Register as New user
This part requires you to enter your name, date of birth, email address, country and mobile number. You will get one time OTP after this and with the help of the OTP it will be possible for you to login to CAT 2019 main application form. Sample CAT Registration form is given below:
Step 2: Complete Application form in 5 steps
Step-2.1- Personal details: Insert your personal details like parents' name, gender, category, nationality, communication address among others. You also need to upload your photograph, signature and caste certificate
Step-2.2 - Academics: Insert all your academics beginning from class 10 onwards like exam taken, Board/University, marks obtained, maximum marks, percentage of marks among others. The details of professional degree, if any are to be entered on this page.
Step-2.3- Work Experience: If you are a candidate with work experience, enter your experience in completed months as on 31st July 2019. Check all the Industry Types applicable to you, with Work Experience in months for each Industry Type.
Step-2.4-Programmes: This page requires you to select any number of Programme Names offered by 20 IIMs in this section. Select the IIM programme and then select the IIM Interview City for that programme as per the cities in the respective drop down list. For the 6 new IIMs you need to choose the same interview city.
Step-2.5-Test City: There are 147 test cities for CAT 2019. Candidates can choose 4 preferred test cities in order of preference to appear in CAT 2019.
Step-3-Payment: This is the last step in Application form. The payment is to be made online. A General / NC-OBC candidate needs to pay Rs.2000 while an SC/ST/PWD candidate will pay Rs.1000 towards the CAT 2019 examination fee. The final amount will also include applicable additional charges as per the table below:
Important points to note about CAT 2019 registration
- CAT registration is online process only
- CAT registration remains open till September 20, 2019
- When you register for CAT 2019, you will automatically apply online for CAT 2019
- Applying online for CAT Exam will mean that you have to opt for the relevant management programmes in all the 20 IIMs mentioned in the CAT registration form
- The CAT 2018 exam fee is Rs.2000/-
- In case of filling incorrect information in CAT online application form not only the candidature of the aspirant will be treated as invalid but the CAT registration fee will also be forfeited.
- CAT registration can be completed in 3 steps.
- Read the instructions at the start of the CAT registration form before beginning to fill up the CAT application form.
- You can save and exit the CAT registration form any number of times to edit and complete it later or can Save & Continue each section till you submit the application.
- Fee for CAT exam is to be paid after completing your CAT online registration 2019 and CAT online application form.
- If you do not pay the CAT exam fee after completing your CAT registration form, your CAT application form will remain incomplete and you will not be allowed to appear in CAT exam.
Documents Needed to Complete CAT 2019 registration and CAT Application
Following are the mandatory items of information you need during the CAT registration and CAT online application process
- Educational history
- Mark sheets (10th /12th/ Degree/Diploma)
- Work experience, if any
- Applicable Certificates to upload
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature. (The photo should not be more than six months old and should have a white background)
- Scanned image of Passport size photo with the dimensions 35mm X 45mm along with the scanned image of your signature with the dimensions 1000mm X 35 mm. is required to be uploaded at the time of registration for CAT 2018. Please note that the documents file format should be .jpg or .jpeg and the file size should not be more than 80KB each. The image should be clear with a minimum resolution of 150px.
- List of the IIM programmes to which you wish to apply
- CAT exam fee payment instruments to pay CAT 2019 exam fee – like Debit/Credit cards, Net banking
Sample Photos: Check that your uploaded photograph is as per the IIMs' prescribed criteria detailed as under to avoid rejection of your CAT Application Form
FAQs on CAT 2019 Registration
CAT 2019 Registration FAQs
Q.1. What is the last date to register and apply for CAT 2019?
A. The last date to register and apply for CAT 2019 is September 20, 2019
Q.2. Can I apply for CAT 2019 in offline mode also?
A. No, you can submit only online application for CAT 2019
Q.3. What is CAT 2019 registration fee?
A. CAT 2019 registration fee for General category is Rs.2000/- and for reserved category it is Rs.1000/-
Q.4. How to ensure that all the details that I entered in CAT 2019 registration and application form are correct?
A. Do not forget to preview all the pages of CAT 2019 application form before submission.
Q.5. Is it possible to amend mistake in CAT 2019 registration after form submission?
A. After submitting the CAT 2019 online application it is not possible to rectify the errors. You will have to re-register.
Q.6 If still there remains mistake in CAT 2019 application form, how can I amend it?
A. Wait for the 1-2 days limited time window to open by IIMs for error correction. The error correction window is expected to open after the close of CAT registration process.
Q.7. Can I rectify the errors on all application pages of CAT 2019 registration when error correction window opens?
A. No, you can only modify the limited details like percentage of marks scored, work experience, programmes names / interview city centers. No personal details would be allowed to be modified.
Q. 8. Can my score in Masters degree compensate for bachelors degree low score? I scored 76% in Masters but 49% in graduation, can I appear in CAT 2019?
A. No, you cannot, you need minimum 50% marks in graduation to appear in CAT 2019 if you are a general category candidate.
Q.9. What is the size and type of Photograph & signature to be uploaded on CAT 2019 application form?
A. The scanned image of your passport photo must be within the dimensions of 30mm X 45mm and for signature the dimensions are 80mm X 35mm. (See more details below)
Q.10. If I, already have a category certificate, can I upload it on CAT 2019 application form or I need a new one?
A. If you already have a certificate that fulfils the prescribed criteria, you may upload the same.
Q.11. I was awarded only grades but not percentage of marks in academics? How should I fill it in CAT registration form?
A. You should obtain a certificate from the Board/Institute/University specifying the equivalent marks which should be used for filling the online CAT 2019 application form
Q.12. I have working experience in the Accounts & finance section of an Automobile company, what should I fill in the application form as the area of work experience - Finance or Automobile?
A. Your area of work experience is Finance but the type of company is Automobile. The work experience is to be entered in months till July 31, 2019.
Read Latest updates on: