CAT Application Form 2019: Dates, Process and How to Apply
Updated on August 20, 2019
September 18, 2019 is the last date to fill CAT Form 2019. The time to submit the CAT Application form 2019 is 5 PM on the last date of CAT form submission. As announced and confirmed by IIM Kozhikode the CAT Application process 2019 will close at 5 PM on September 18. CAT 2019 Application form fee is Rs.1900/- and is not increased for CAT 2019. The cost of application comes to less than Rs.100/- to apply for each of the 20 IIMs with a common and single CAT application form which is same as of last year.
On August 7, 2019, the CAT Application 2019 submission process had started at 10 AM on the IIM CAT 2019 official website. The category wise CAT Application 2019 fee is different for General and Reserved category candidates. While General and OBC candidates have to pay Rs.1900/- towards CAT application 2019 fee, the SC/ST/PWD candidates need to pay Rs.950/- towards CAT application 2019 fee.
CAT Application Form can be submitted online only latest by the last date to fill CAT form 2019. The CAT application form gives you a wide choice to apply online for MBA admission 2020 in all the 20 IIMs by making a payment of single application fee of Rs.1900/-. No other CAT application fee for admission to any IIM needs to be paid. CAT 2019 exam date is November 24, 2019 as confirmed by IIM Kozhikode in its Notification dated July 28, 2019 and was published in leading news papers. IIM Kozhikode is conducting CAT exam 2019 this year. CAT 2019 has brought number of changes in the exam pattern, Mock Test among others. All the MBA programmes in IIMs where admission is through CAT exam 2019 are listed in the CAT Information bulletin 2019.
CAT exam 2019 application completion is the first step to become eligible to appear in CAT exam. As per the past trends in IIM CAT exam, the CAT application process starts after a week or so after release of CAT exam notification on the last Sunday of July every year. The CAT 2019 application submission last date falls after at least 45 days from the opening of CAT application process.
CAT 2019 Application Form: Key Points
- CAT Application form 2019 fee is Rs.1900/- as was last year
- Use Internet Explorer (version 11 and above) or Mozilla Firefox (version 50 and above) or Google Chrome (version 50 and above) to fill in the Application Form
- Delhi NCR cities are clubbed into one city, so be careful while making a choice of CAT exam city in application form
- After Registering for CAT 2019, you need to complete the CAT Application form
- CAT 2019 fee payment should be made after reviewing all the details entered in the application form
- Download and Keep a hard copy of completed CAT 2019 application form for reference
There is no change announced in the CAT 2019 exam pattern by the CAT convening IIM Kozhikode. Besides, the CAT exam duration also remains of three hours with 100 questions divided in three sections, as was the last year.
CAT is the largest MBA entrance exam conducted every year by IIMs for MBA admission in 20 IIMs and other top MBA colleges of India. IIM Kozhikode will conduct CAT 2019 in two separate sessions. The Common Admission Test (CAT) CAT 2019 will have a combination of MCQs and Non-MCQs to provide level playing field to the students of all streams.
CAT Application Form 2019: 5 Mistakes to Avoid
Following mistakes should be avoided while filling up the application form for CAT 2019. The Application process is simple and can be completed within the specified time although candidate can login again and again to complete the application.
- Use only Internet Explorer (version 11 and above)/Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61) or Google Chrome (version 50 to 69) while filling up CAT 2019 application form
- Do not forget to verify OTP before login at CAT official website as registered user
- Do not fill up incorrect personal or academic details in CAT application form. It will require you to fill up with your academic details, uploading of photograph, signature and requires category certificates as per the IIMs prescribed format for CAT application. So keep the entire information ready before filling up the CAT 2019 application form
- Carefully examine all the filled up details in CAT application form. Once you click on submit, details can not be changed.
- After making payment and submitting the CAT application form, wait till you receive the confirmation message of successful submission.
CAT Application Form 2019 Important Dates
Completing the CAT Exam 2019 Registration is the first and most important step to get ready for IIM CAT exam to be conducted by IIMs on November 24, 2019. It is therefore necessary to know all the CAT application form 2019 important Dates. It may be noted that while the CAT application form start date is pre announced along with the CAT 2019 application form last date, IIMs may extend the CAT 2019 application form last Date by a few days. Accordingly, the CAT application form 2019 dates corresponding to all the key activities related to CAT exam 2019 are given below:
CAT Application Form 2019 Dates
Key Dates & Details
CAT Application Form Start Date
August 7, 2019
CAT 2019 Application form last date
September 18, 2019 at 11.59P.M.
CAT Application Form 2019 Guide Release
August 7, 2019 onwards
CAT Application Form Fee
CAT Online Form 2019: 5 page document
CAT application form 2019 will be available online only. The step by step process how to fill the CAT application form online, how to pay CAT application fee and ultimately how to submit CAT application form must be known before you begin to fill the CAT application form.
CAT 2019 online registration form and CAT 2019 application form is a single document divided in 5 pages and as such cannot be separated. After entering the basic details as a new user registering for CAT 2019, you have to complete the CAT Application process.
CAT 2019 Application Form Last Date to Apply - September 18, 2019
CAT 2019 online application process will remain open till 11.59 PM on September 18, 2019. CAT Application online form in the past also remained open for more than one and a half month.
CAT 2019 Application form needs to be filled up cautiously as per the CAT Application guidelines as the application form mistakes in CAT may require you to apply again and your earlier CAT application fee may also not be adjusted. It should be noted that final submission of CAT application form must be done latest by the CAT 2019 Application form last date since IIMs do not provide any facility to submit the CAT form beyond the CAT application form 2019 dates. Please also note that no late charges are applied on CAT application form fees.
So be careful, while completing the CAT application process. Please note that the CAT Application process is online only and there will be no offline CAT application form.
CAT Application and Registration Form: Integral Part
There is no separate CAT Form 2019. The CAT 2019 application form is a part of CAT 2019 registration form. CAT online registration process will also have CAT application 2019 as a part of the complete CAT registration and application process. You will need to apply for CAT online and while completing your CAT 2019 form online CAT application 2019 form can be filled up.
CAT 2019 Application Process: Important Points to Note
- CAT 2019 Application Form is available online only
- CAT 2019 Application process will remain open for more than 45 days. CAT application form start date is August 5. It is also possible that CAT 2019 application last date is extended by a few days from September 18, 2019
- Before you apply for CAT 2019, you must read the instructions and guidelines – how to apply for CAT 2019
- While filling up the online CAT 2019 application form, you should be clear in your mind which management programmes in 20 IIMs, you wish to opt for. The CAT application form asks you to fill in the details in the application form.
- The CAT application form fees is Rs.1900/- for CAT 2019
- In case of filling incorrect information in CAT 2019 application form not only the candidature of the aspirant will be treated as invalid but the CAT application fee will also be forfeited.
- CAT 2019 application process can be completed in 3 steps – CAT Registration, filling up the CAT application form and making payment of CAT application fee.
- Read the instructions and watch the video on CAT website before beginning to fill up the CAT application form.
- You can save and exit while filling up the CAT 2019 application form any number of times to edit and complete it later or can Save & Continue each section till you submit the application.
- Fee for CAT application is to be paid after completing your CAT online application 2019
- If you do not pay the CAT 2019 application fee after completing your CAT 2019 application form, your CAT application will remain incomplete and you will not be allowed to appear in CAT 2019 exam.
First Register and then fill up CAT 2019 Application Form
The 1st part of CAT online application form requires your basic details and is called the Registration form. You need not pay any fee for the basic CAT Registration.
Immediately after login on IIM-CAT website with your basic details, IIMs will send you CAT Application ID and CAT password. With this unique CAT 2019 ID, you will login to CAT 2019 exam online application form which will have more pages to fill up and can be submitted only after making CAT application fee payment.
Required Documents to Apply for CAT 2019
Following are the mandatory items of information you need during the CAT 2019 online application process
- Educational history
- Mark sheets (10th /12th/ Degree/Diploma)
- Work experience, if any
- Applicable Certificates to upload
- Scanned images of your passport size photo and signature. (The photo should not be more than six months old and should have a white background)
- Scanned image of Passport size photo with the dimensions 35mm X 45mm along with the scanned image of your signature with the dimensions 1000mm X 35 mm. is required to be uploaded at the time of registration for CAT 2019. Please note that the documents file format should be .jpg or .jpeg and the file size should not be more than 80KB each. The image should be clear with a minimum resolution of 150px.
- Keep handy the list of the IIM programmes to which you wish to apply
- CAT exam fee payment instruments to pay CAT 2019 application fee – like Debit/Credit cards, Net banking
How to Complete CAT 2019 Application Form
There are three parts of CAT 2019 application process:
- Create a Profile
- Log in with system generated User ID and Password provided by IIMs
- Fill up CAT Application form after entering details and making online payment through Net banking/Credit card/Debit card and submit the CAT application form
CAT 2019 Application process: How to begin?
- Login on CAT website as new user on ‘Register now’ and enter the basic details. In a few minutes of submitting the brief Registration Form, you will receive an OTP. After verifying the same, you will get CAT user ID on the registered email & Password with the subject line CAT 2019 Login Details. Ensure to check your mailbox immediately and in case you don’t find it there also check the spam mail.
- On receiving your system generated User ID and Password as SMS and on mail, next login should be as ‘existing user’ with the received ID & Password
How to fill CAT 2019 Application Form: Step by Step Process
The CAT Application process including payment of CAT application form fee has to be completed within CAT application 2019 dates. An important guideline for CAT application 2019 is to keep a watch on all the CAT application form 2019 important dates especially the CAT application form start date. Please follow the important CAT application guidelines while completing your CAT application process.
CAT Application form opens around 9.30 AM on the pre announced CAT application Start Date. Be the first to apply for CAT. You should keep the entire information ready before filling up the 5 pages of CAT 2019 application form:
Step-1: Personal details - Insert your personal details like parents' name, gender, category, nationality, communication address among others. You also need to upload your photograph, signature and caste certificate
Step-2: Academics- Insert all your academics beginning from class 10 onwards like exam taken, Board/University, marks obtained, maximum marks, percentage of marks among others in the required fileds of CAT application form. The details of professional degree, if any are to be entered on this page.
Read Latest updates on:
Step-3: Work Experience- If you are a candidate with work experience, enter your experience in completed months as on 31st July 2019 in CAT application form. Check all the Industry Types applicable to you, with Work Experience in months for each Industry Type.
Step-4: Programmes- This page of CAT Application form requires you to select any number of Programme Names offered by 20 IIMs in this section. Select the IIM programme and then select the IIM Interview City for that programme as per the cities in the respective drop down list. For the 6 new IIMs you need to choose the same interview city.
This page also wants you to select 4 preferred exam cities to appear in CAT 2019. However, you cannot select the same exam city twice in order of preference.
Step-5-Test City: There are 147 test cities for CAT 2019. Candidates can choose 4 preferred test cities in order of preference to appear in CAT 2019.
Step-6: Payment of CAT 2019 Application Fee - This is the last step to complete the CAT Application form. The payment is to be made online. A General / NC-OBC candidate needs to pay Rs.1900 while an SC/ST/PWD candidate will pay Rs.950 towards the CAT 2019 application fee. The final amount will also include applicable additional charges as shared in the table below:
Important Guidelines to complete CAT Application Form
CAT 2019 Application process is simple and can be completed within the specified time although candidate can login again and again to complete the application.
- CAT application form will require you to fill up with your academic details, uploading of photograph, signature and requires category certificates as per the IIMs prescribed format for CAT application.
- Keep the entire information ready before filling up the CAT 2019 application form
- The work experience is to be entered in completed months in CAT application form
- The CAT 2019 online application form need not be completed in one go. You can revisit the CAT application form several times and complete it in steps.
- You will not be allowed to continue your CAT 2019 application process, if mandatory information is not filled up.
- Wherever needed, required Certificates, scanned images of photographs, signature are to be uploaded, else your application will remain incomplete
- If you forget your password during the CAT online application process, you may click on the Forgot Password button on the Existing User login window. The new password will be sent in the email to you, and not as an SMS.
- Once you have completed the last section of CAT application form, i.e. Payment, your CAT 2019 application form is considered complete and you will receive a confirmation mail. After this, changes to any information on the application form are not possible
Please note that you need to follow the CAT centre 2019 instructions to upload the right kind of photograph on CAT 2019 application form. IIMs have shared the sample photographs to choose the right photograph to be uploaded on CAT application form 2019: