MAT Mock Tests 2019: Free Mock Tests, MAT Online Mock Free
Updated on March 26, 2019
To help MAT 2019 aspirants prepare and perform better in the MAT May 2019 exam, experts at MBAUniverse.com have prepared MAT Mock tests based on the MAT paper pattern & key changes in MAT May exam with answer keys and solutions. Expected Questions... Prepared by India’s Top Experts
Apply to NMIMS, ISB, SPJIMR and 30+ B-schools for Admissions 2020 – Register for NMAT by GMAC now
How the MAT Mock Tests 2019 are Prepared?
MAT 2019 Mock Tests and MAT exam Sample papers with solutions are based on the MAT exam pattern and type of questions asked in the MAT test paper. MAT Mock tests contain the questions which are relevant both to MAT Paper based Mock test as well as MAT computer based Mock test. These MAT Mock tests and MAT Sample papers will enable the MAT test takers to become conversant with the MAT exam pattern, type and topics on which questions could be asked in MAT May exam.
MAT Mocks with Different LoDs
Difficulty level in each MAT Mock rises after you go on attempting them one by one. For example the level of difficulty in MAT Mock-1 is kept at easy level followed by Mock-2 with slightly higher difficulty level and finally Mock-3 with greater difficulty level.
Expected Type of MAT Questions with Solution
For the benefit of serious MBA aspirants like yourself, MBAUniverse.com, India’s leading MBA aspirants website is happy to share expected type of questions, answers & Expert Solutions to MAT Mock tests. This will help you in predicting your MAT 2019 Percentile. Follow the instructions and directions as given in the test questions
MAT Mock Test-1
- MAT 2019 Mock Test-1 has low difficulty level
- The MAT Mock is based on MAT exam pattern
- It consists of 200 MCQs divided in 5 sections
- Each question including RC passages have been carefully selected
- Candidates can answer the questions with ease
- After completion of the Mock Test, you can check your score
MAT Mock Test-2
- This is MAT Mock test with moderate to high difficulty level
- The MAT Mock question paper is full length MAT test paper divided in test sections as specified in MAT exam
- You can check you MAT score after attempting the complete MAT Mock test
MAT Mock Test-3
- This MAT Mock test has higher difficulty level
- The MAT Sample paper is on the lines of current MAT paper pattern
- The 3rd MAT Sample paper 2019 consists of 200 questions divided in 5 sections
- The MAT sample paper consists of questions on the pattern expected in MAT exam 2019
- On completion of all the sections in this MAT sample paper, you can check your scores with correct answers to the questions as appeared in MAT Mock test-3
Important tips to Prepare and appear for MAT Exam
MAT question paper is an objective type test with Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs). Here are the key details about the MAT 2019 exam:
- MAT 2019 Exam consists of 200 Objective Type Questions (MCQs)
- MAT Exam is divided in 5 sections with 40 questions in each section
- MAT Questions are of easy to moderate difficulty level
- The 5 test sections in MAT 2019 exam are Language Comprehension, Mathematical skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment.
MAT Mock Test Paper: As per actual MAT Exam
Each of the 5 sections in MAT question paper will have 40 questions making it a total of 200 questions in MCQ format to be solved in 150 minutes. On the similar pattern all the MAT Mock tests have been prepared for MAT 2019 exam takers.
Individual time limit for each MAT section as suggested by AIMA is also shared against the respective MAT exam section. However, as the candidates can move from one section to other within overall time limit in the actual MAT exam, the similar facility has been provided while attempting free MAT Mocks 2019.
Number of Questions
Suggested Time to solve (In Minutes)
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
Data Analysis and Sufficiency
Indian and Global Environment
How to answer MAT question?
- You have to choose the correct answer option out of the multiple choices given below the question
- Mark the correct answer option on the answer sheet if appearing in Paper Based Test
- Click on the correct answer option if appearing in Computer based test
- Time duration to complete the MAT exam is 2 hours 30 minutes
- Each correct answer is awarded +1 Mark
- Each wrong answer is penalized with -0.25 negative mark
Difficulty Level in MAT Exam
Although MAT Syllabus contains all the topics on which questions are asked in other MBA entrance exams also, MAT question papers and the MAT Mocks pattern reveal that MAT Exam does not throw tough questions in the MAT exam.
GK Section in MAT 2019: Not Counted for Percentile Calculation
Score and percentile in MAT exam is awarded on the basis of 4 sections. The score of Indian & Global Environment is separately shown but is not taken into account to calculate the merit or percentile score in the MAT score card.
MAT Test Paper: Sections & Sub Sections
MAT Exam 2019 is further subdivided. This sectional sub-division in MAT 2019 makes MAT as an exam with 8 effective sections. The MAT Mock tests are prepared taking into account all these facts. Here are the key details:
- The section-1 in MAT exam 2019 on Language Comprehension is divided into two parts - Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension.
- Section-2 on Intelligence & Critical Reasoning also consists of two parts with Analytical and Logical Reasoning questions.
- The section-3 in MAT exam consists of Data Analysis & Data sufficiency which also has two types of questions – the first type is on Data Analysis which is closer to Data Interpretation and other type of questions are on Data sufficiency.
- Section-4 in MAT exam is the Mathematical Skills section which is basically the Quantitative Ability section. It is very wide and covers each and every topic in Mathematics with greater emphasis on Arithmetic.
- Section-5 on Indian & Global Environment in MAT exam is the GK section which covers current affairs, static GK, Business & Economy, International current affairs, Who’s Who, Constitution of India, United Nations Organization among other key topics. The score of this section is not counted to determine merit score, so many candidates skip this section also.
MAT Exam Sections: Important Points to Note for Preparation
Section-1: Language Comprehension
Language Comprehension section in MAT is divided into 2 parts. The 1st part of MAT 2019 covers topics on Reading Comprehension passages and the 2nd part covers questions on Grammar & other parts of Verbal Ability. Key details are:
Part-1: Reading Comprehension in MAT Exam
- Number of Questions Based on RC Passages: 20
- Sectional Weightage of RC in MAT Language Comprehension Section: 50%
- Type of passages in MAT Exam on RC: 4 Short passages of moderate difficulty level
- Division of questions: 5 questions based on each passage
- Type of Questions: All of MCQ type with penalty of ¼ negative marking
- Format of questions: Questions are based on information in RC passage; Antonyms/synonyms of the words & phrases as used in the passage; True/false statements; main idea of RC passage
Part-2: MAT Verbal Ability
- Number of Questions: 20
- Sectional Weightage in MAT Syllabus: 50%
- Type of Questions: All of MCQ type with penalty for wrong answer
- Jumbled Paragraphs (3-4 questions)
- Error Correction of Verb, Noun, Pronoun, Adjective, Adverb and other parts of speech in the Sentences.
- Correcting the sequence of sentences in the paragraph for example correct use of conditional sentence, time clauses, reported speech, passive writing (3-4 questions)
- Antonyms/Synonyms (5-6 questions)
- Fill in the blanks (3-4 questions)
- One word substitution (1-2 questions)
- Idioms/Phrases (2-3 questions)
Section-2: Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
MAT previous test paper and the MAT Mocks reflect that this section has tricky questions. The section in MAT exam is divided in 2 parts – Intelligence Reasoning and Critical Reasoning. In other exams like CAT, critical reasoning questions are also asked in Verbal Ability section.
- Questions in Reasoning section can be individual or can be in the set of 3-4 questions.
- Weightage of Reasoning Section in MAT exam: 20%
- Weightage of Reasoning Section in MAT Percentile calculation: 25%
- Total Reasoning questions in MAT syllabus for exam: 40
- Type of Questions: MCQs
- Past trend of question topics in MAT Reasoning: Questions were based on Family Relation, Statements-Cause & Effect, Clocks & Calendars, Statement –Assumptions, Reasons, analogies, direction, series, Incorrect Terms.
Section-3: Mathematical skills
MAT Test section for Mathematical skills refers to the Quant topics on which MAT questions are based. MAT exam paper for Quant consists of everything in Mathematics that you may or may not expect. MAT exam on Quant is based on questions on different topics on Arithmetic, Algebra, Modern Math, Geometry, Mensuration, Trignometry among others.
- Number of Questions: 40.
- Sectional weightage in MAT Exam: 20%
- Sectional Weightage in Percentile calculation: 25%
- Type of Questions: MCQs
- Past trend in MAT exam pattern for Mathematics shows that there is More emphasis on Arithmetic with number of questions going in the range of 15 to 16.
- Questions are based on Interest, Percentages, Time and Work, Profit, Loss, Partnership.
- Other questions are based on topics like Equations, Ratio, Proportion & Variation, Geometry & Mensuration, Permutation and Combinations, Probability among others
Section-4: Data Analysis and Sufficiency
MAT exam 2019 for Data Analysis and Sufficiency covers more topics on Data Interpretation. The key details of the section in MAT exam are:
- Number of Questions: 40
- Type of questions: MCQs
- Sectional weightage in MAT Exam: 20%
- Sectional Weightage in MAT Percentile Calculation: 25%
- Past trend of topics in MAT exam for Data Analysis shows that questions on Data Analysis are based on text, tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), venn diagram.
- Data could be given in form of tables, charts or graphs.
- In this section it is tested that how candidates can interpret the given data and answer questions based on it.
- This section has more questions on data interpretation
- Data comparison time remains the major hurdle to solve these questions with speed and accuracy
- Questions on Data Interpretation (DI) occupy more than 50% of the section, rest of the part covers questions on data sufficiency and data comparison
- The questions in this section of MAT question paper can be expected in sets as well as individual ones
Section-5: Indian and Global Environment
Indian and Global Environment section in MAT exam refers to the GK section. It has questions on Business & Economy, Who’s who, current affairs, static GK among others.
- Number of Questions: 40
- Type of questions: MCQs
- Sectional weightage in MAT: 20%
- Sectional Weightage in Percentile Calculation: Nil
- Past trend of topics in MAT Syllabus for Indian & Global Environment reveal that the Questions are formed on Film Awards, taxation & duties, Indian constitution, Who’s who, States of India, Sports, Recent events
- Suggested time limit by AIMA to answer the 40 questions in this section is 15 minutes but 10 minutes are enough to attempt this section
- The questions are based on conventional GK, business and economics, current affairs, international affairs
- This section is not counted for percentile calculation in MAT exam
- Many Candidates skip or answer very few questions in this section to save time for other sections