Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli (IIMT) is the eleventh IIM and was instituted on January 4, 2011 by the Hon’ble Minister for HRD and Telecommunication under the patronage of the Government of India and the stewardship of IIM-Bangalore. Tiruchirapalli is a prominent city for art and culture. Till 2017 IIM Trichy as it is prominently known, operated from NIT Tiruchirappalli campus and then moved to its own sprawling permanent campus spread over 175 acres of land on Trichy-Pudukottai highway, 12 km from Tiruchirappalli International Airport.
With a vision to be a leading management institution with significant impact on business and society, IIM Trichy is committed to nurture a learning environment for the creation and dissemination of management knowledge of global standards and to develop leaders of enterprises who add value to society and nation building. The institute is moving to achieve the objectives to develop competent, professional and value-oriented management graduates; Contribute to management knowledge through research, Strengthen existing management processes through executive education and consulting and strive to contribute to national/regional policy making.
IIM Tiruchirappalli offers flagship 2 years full time Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) at the Trichy campus and part time 2 years Post Graduate Programme in Business Management (PGPBM) at its Chennai campus.
- IIM Trichy has partnered with the international universities and institutes in 6 countries for Student exchange programmes and offer the facility of international immersion
- Apart from various pedagogic innovations, IIM Trichy has taken initiatives like establishing rich Learning Resource Centre, Finance Lab, Computing Lab, Behavioural Lab among others
- IIM Trichy has launched a unique initiative ‘Make a Difference’ (MAD). The MAD project connects students with business success with social progress. ‘MAD’ Talks with Corporate leaders are organized every year to showcase stories of successful leaders and social entrepreneurs.
- CAT is the mandatory entrance exam for admission to IIM Tiruchirappalli
- Minimum CAT score cut off is 95 percentile which may go up or down depending upon the number of candidates opting for IIM Trichy and as per the decision of Admission Committee
- Actual CAT 2018 score Cut-Off Criteria shall be decided later in the meeting of Directors of participating IIMs to be held in January 2019 after CAT result declaration
- Shortlisting for final selection round is based on CAT score and other parameters
- IIM Trichy will participate in Common Admission Process (IIM-CAP) consisting of PI-WAT Round for final selection of the candidates after shortlisting process completed by it
- Final admission offers would be made on the basis of a merit list. This Merit List would be prepared on the basis of performance in CAT exam, Profile of the candidate, PI and WAT round as per corresponding weights assigned to them
2 years PGP Programme fee is Rs.13,00,000
IIM Tiruchirappalli has achieved consistently high placements over the years. Placement 2018 highlights are:
- Average Salary:Rs.14,28,000
- Highest Salary: Rs.54,50,000