Application for admission 2020 at SDMIMD Mysore is open now. PGDM programme at SDMIMD Mysore is only PGDM in India with dual accreditation of EFMD-EPAS and ACBSP. The 2 years Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is the flagship programme at SDMIMD that grooms industry ready business leaders. SDMIMD students get dual specialization in PGDM – an opportunity which is not available in most of the B-schools. According to Dr N.R. Parasuraman, Director SDMIMD, “Supplementary offerings with NSE, AIMA, KPMG are the great opportunity for the SDMIMD students.” SDMIMD Mysore Admissions 2020 - Apply Now
Shri Dharmasthala Mnjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD), Mysore is one of the best MBA/PGDM colleges in South India. SDMIMD would accept CAT 2019, XAT 2020, CMAT 2020 as well as 2019, NMAT 2019, GMAT scores for admission to PGDM 2020. The Institute has been rated A** (A Double Star) by Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited (CRISIL) and Brickwork Ratings at the National level.
SDMIMD: Ranked Among Top B-Schools in India
One of the prominent B-schools in India, SDMIMD Mysore is consistently ranked high. SDMIMD Director, Dr. N.R. Parasuraman says, ‘SDMIMD has always performed to be among the Top 50 B-Schools in the Country in all the B-School Surveys. The rating among the South India B-Schools and Private B-Schools for SDMIMD are quite satisfactory and we are placed within 30th Place.”
SDMIMD: International & National Accreditations
SDMIMD has earned reputed national as well as International Accreditations. SDMIMD's flagship 2 year, full time, residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) program is approved by AICTE and is accredited by NBA at National level. According to Dr Parasuraman, “National Board of Accreditation (NBA) has accredited SDMIMD PGDM Programme. Association of Indian Universities (AIU) has recognized the 2-Year Full-Time PGDM Program and given MBA Equivalence.”
SDMIMD enjoys dual international accreditation. Sharing with MBAUniverse.com, Dr Parasuraman said, “SDMIMD PGDM has earned ACBSP (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs), USA and EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development) - EFMD's Program Accreditation System (EPAS); the EFMD-EPAS for 2-Year PGDM Program. SDMIMD is also Business Educational Alliance Member for the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).”
SDMIMD International Tie Ups & Research Opportunity
Sharing the key international tie ups to enhance the SDMIMD Faculty and Students’ skills through global exposure, Dr Parasuraman said, “SDMIMD has 15 international tie-up arrangements with leading accredited universities from different countries and facility for student exchange for more than 30 students. SDMIMD organizes three international conferences in campus and offers facilities for students to be part of research projects with faculty.”
SDMIMD PGDM program runs for six terms over two years with an acclaimed quality and academic rigour. The innovative curriculum and pedagogy are planned in an elaborate manner every year and takes into account the best practices in other leading management institutions across the globe and also incorporates the views of leading academicians and business leaders.
SDMIMD Application Fee
The admission process for 2 years full time PGDM 2020-22 batch at SDMIMD is available at a moderate application fee of Rs.1250/-. The Application fees can be paid online either directly to the bank account or through Paytm to SDMIMD or by Demand Draft
Last Date to Apply: February 2020
The last date to apply for admission at SDMIMD is to close in the last week of February 2020.
SDMIMD Mysore Placements
SDMIMD has a consistent record of excellent placement. The maximum and average compensation packages at SDMIMD have been rising year after year. Companies visited the SDMIMD campus this year from a variety of sectors.
Highest Salary in Placement 2019 stood at Rs. 9 lakhs and the average salary was Rs.7.14 lakhs.
Top recruiters in Placement 2019 at SDMIMD included Morgan Stanly, FirstRand Bank, Moody’s Analytics, State Street Corporation, Byjus, Oracle, Infosys, TVS Sundaram, Ujjivan, TCS, Marrico, TTK Prestige, Oracle, Mind Tree among others.
SDMIMD Fees 2020-22
SDMIMD PGDM 2020-22 programme fee is Rs.10,95,000/-. The Fee includes Tuition & Hostel stay charges for the entire PGDM Program. Mess Charges are separate and are approximately Rs. 2,800/- per month on a sharing basis which need to be paid in addition to the other fee. It is the current fees structure applicable to AY 2019-21 and is subject to change next year
SDMIMD Intake: 180 (May increase to 240)
The present intake at SDMIMD, Mysore is 180 seats. The intake is expected to go up to 240 seats subject to AICTE approval.
PGDM Specializations at SDMIMD
SDMIMD offers dual specialization. Specialization are offered in Finance, Marketing, Systems, Data Analytics, Human Resources Management and Operations. First year or the first 3 terms are common to all and in the second year, or from terms 4-6, the specialization comes into effect. Summer Internship of 2 months will be scheduled between the first and the second year.
Scholarships Offered by SDMIMD
- Entry Merit Scholarship: Rs. 60,000 for finally selected applicants with minimum 70% each in – 10th Standard; 12th Standard / PUC 2; and Degree.
- Empowering Woman: Rs. 50,000 scholarship for finally selected woman applicants with minimum 60% aggregate each in – 10th Standard; 12th Standard / PUC 2; and Degree.
- Student Exchange Subsidy: Students selected for student exchange programs abroad during the SDMIMD PGDM program are entitled to a subsidy ranging from Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 1,00,000 by SDMIMD based on the location of the host institute/university.
- Student Merit Scholarship:3 Students will be awarded Merit-cum-means Scholarship for Outstanding Academic Performance in each Term during the PGDM Program.
How to Apply for SDMIMD Admission 2020
- Apply online at the SDMIMD PGDM Admission link on website
- Fill up the basic registration details, complete the application form and submit
- Pay Rs.1250/- towards SDMIMD application fee online or by DD
- If making payment by DD, prepare the D.D. in favour of The Director, SDM Institute for Management Development, Payable at Mysore
- Send the Application Form along with the photocopy of CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT/NMAT admit card
- Register and appear in at least one of the following entrance exams - CAT 2019, XAT 2020, NMAT 2020, CMAT 2020/2019, GMAT. The score of any of the above exams conducted in June 2019 up to May 2020 is Valid for admission into PGDM 2020-22
- Email your CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT/NMAT scores to SDMIMD along with SDMIMD Application Number and Name immediately after the results are announced
- Even if you have not applied for the entrance exam, still you can apply through SDMIMD Online Application form and send the registration details later by email
SDMIMD Mysore Admission Eligibility
- Candidate must hold a bachelor's degree with Full-time graduation courses in any discipline recognized by the UGC/AIU
- Consistent academic record of not less than 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in 10th Std, 12th Std and degree is required
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination in the year 2020, can also apply.
- Such candidates will have to submit the mark sheet and the certificate of passing bachelor’s degree by the prescribed date as decided by SDMIMD Mysore. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
- Students in final year of Degree should share in the form their percentage up to the Second Year/Last completed semester
- All candidates are required to take at least one of the entrance exams – CAT/ XAT/GMAT/CMAT/ NMAT or who already have valid CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT/NMAT scores.
- Scores of any one of the above exams conducted in June 2019 up to March 2020 will be valid for the admission.
- Besides registering for entrance exam, candidates are also required to apply for admission to SDMIMD through a separate Application Form which is available online on the SDMIMD Website
- Candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.
- Students who are yet to register for any entrance exam may also apply. After applying for SDMIMD PGDM 2019-21, they may send details of their entrance exam registration by Email to SDMIMD mentioning their Name & SDMIMD Application Number
SDMIMD has not announced any change in its admission process 2020 nor the SDMIMD Admission criteria prescribe any high cut offs. The candidates with other excellent academics and quality achievements stand a good chance for admission. SDMIMD admission criteria, process with dates, cut offs and application fee are given below:
SDMIMD Mysore Admission Criteria
SDMIMD Admission Criteria 2020 is a two step process involving the shortlisting criteria and the Final selection Criteria comprising entrance exam score, Academics among others.
- SDMIMD Shortlisting Criteria
The first part of SDMIMD Mysore Admission criteria is its shortlisting criteria for final selection round. A candidate will be shortlisted by SDMIMD if he/she meets the following shortlisting criteria:
Short listed applicants will be called for an Interview Process in March 2020 to be held at several centres across India as mentioned in the Application Form (Skype interviews also held on specific request)
- SDMIMD Mysore will shortlist the Candidates on the basis of information provided in the application form, entrance exam scores, educational background, work experience (Minimum 6 months) and other parameters
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the final stage of the selection process in March 2020. The PI process will consist of WAT, Extempore and Personal Interview.
- The final selection round for admission to SDMIMD will be held at several centres in India.
- Final Admission Selection Criteria
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in Final selection round for admission to SDMIMD Mysore
- Final Selection Round 2020 at SDMIMD Mysore will have 3 components - Written Ability Test (WAT), Extempore Speech on a given topic for 2 minutes (In case of Skype Interview) and Personal Interview (PI)
- The PI-WAT at SDMIMD will be held during March 2020
- Final selection round will be held at several centres across India as mentioned in the application form
- Skype interviews will also be held on specific request
- Final Admission offer at SDMIMD Mysore will be based on entrance exam score, academic performance, Work Experience, performance in PI-WAT among others
- Selected students will be intimated by email/ phone/mobile.
SDMIMD Admission Cut Off
SDMIMD will decide cut offs based on the pool of applicants. However, based on last year cut offs, the likely cut offs for PGDM 2020-22 batch are:
Expected Cut off percentile
CMAT 2020 & 2019
SDMIMD Admission Process
Following steps are included in the SDMIMD Admission process:
- Step 1: The candidate must apply and appear in at least one of the entrance exam scores - CAT 2019/XAT 2020/CMAT 2020 or 2019, GMAT, NMAT 2019, MAT 2019. It may be noted that the score of any of the above exams conducted in June 2019 up to March 2020 is Valid for admission to PGDM 2020
- Step 2: Candidates should register and apply for admission to SDMIMD Mysore latest by February 28, 2020
- Step 3: Candidates are short-listed for PI-WAT Round from among the candidates who have a valid entrance exam score, who have applied for admission to SDMIMD Mysore and who satisfy the eligibility criteria for the programme
- Step 4: Final selection round will be held in various cities in India in the month of March 2020.
- Step 5: After the PI-WAT-Extempore round, final admission offers will be made to successful candidates in April/May 2020. Admission offer will be based on a composite score arrived on the basis of entrance exam score, Past academic performance, Work Experience, performance in PI-WAT among others. Final admission result of the selected candidates will be conveyed email/ phone/mobile.
SDMIMD was established in 1994 and till date 23 batches of PGDM graduates have passed out from its portals, currently holding important positions in the Indian and foreign corporate and service organizations. Institute has a creditable placement record.
Apart from the flagship 2 years PGDM programme, SDMIMD also offers 1 year PGPM programme for working professionals. The PGPM at SDMIMD is at par with the PGDM programme.
SDMIMD has earned two international accreditations by EFMD (EPAS) and by ACBSP. Recognizing the quality of management education and Internationalization at SDMIMD, global accreditation body EFMD has awarded the prestigious EPAS International Accreditation to the 2 year PGDM Program offered by SDIMD Mysore. It is the first Indian B-school to receive EPAS accreditation. SDMIMD's flagship PGDM program is approved by AICTE and is accredited by NBA also. SDMIMD is ranked among the top B-Schools in India. It has tie-ups with 12 Universities and B-schools abroad, for student exchange.
Stay tuned to MBAuniverse.com for more updates on SDMIMD Mysore