MAT Eligibility Criteria 2019: Age limit and Qualifying Criteria
Updated on May 06, 2019
MAT 2019 exam eligibility for next MAT May 2019 exam to be held as computer based test on May 18 as well as phase -2 paper based test on May 18, 2019 remains unchanged and is the same as was for earlier MAT exams. AIMA has not changed the MAT exam eligibility criteria for any of the MAT exams.
To appear in MAT exam, you must have obtained recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration or equivalent in any discipline. Those studying in their final graduation year may also apply.
AIMA also does not restrict any candidate to seek MBA admission and appear in MAT on the basis of age bar.
Last opportunity for MBA Admission 2019
Important points to ensure your MAT May 2019 Eligibility
- MAT 2019 eligibility does not impose any age bar to appear in MAT May exam.
- The candidate applying for MAT May exam must fulfil one of the following MAT exam eligibility criteria:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree, or
- Completed professional degree e.g. CA/CS/ICWA, or
- Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution.
- In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/ institution in accordance with the participating management institute’s eligibility criteria.
- Mere fulfilment of minimum MAT 2019 eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for short listing by the Management Institute in which the applicant applies for admission
- One of the key points prescribed by AIMA is that the candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the MAT 2019 May exam process
According to AIMA Graduates in any discipline can apply for MAT exam. Those who are in their final year of graduation can also apply. It implies that a candidate is eligible to appear in May MAT 2019 exam, if he/she holds recognized Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 3 years duration or equivalent in any discipline.
Those completing their final graduation exam may also apply for MAT 2019 May exam. If shortlisted by the B-school on the basis of MAT May exam score, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if she/he submits a certificate from the Principal/ Registrar of the College/Institute stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
Any B-School - National or International - can consider MAT Score as an admission input based on the Score Cards issued to the candidates.