PGCET 2019 eligibility criteria for full time MBA admission and for part time MBA admission 2019 differ. Besides, the eligibility for admission to Government seats is different from that of private seats offered by the MBA colleges in Karnataka.
PGCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria For Full Time MBA courses
A candidate who has passed Recognised Bachelor’s Degree of minimum of 3 years duration examination or equivalent examination and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects including languages in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to MBA courses. (45% of marks in Qualifying Exam in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates) (Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka State Candidates).
As per the letter from VTU, Belgaum dated 11-08-2016, the qualifying examination (degree) obtained through distance mode would be considered for admission to MBA / MCA courses, provided the awarding University has approval from Distance Education Council (IGNOU), New Delhi.
PGCET Eligibility 2019 For Part Time MBA courses
In addition to the above eligibility criteria, a candidate after obtaining the bachelor’s degree, must have worked for not less than three years as on 31st July 2018, in an establishment and must be working in an organization situated within a radial distance of 40 km from the institution in which the candidate seeks admission.
A candidate who is appearing for the final bachelor’s degree and expecting the final results is eligible to apply for the Post Graduate Common Entrance Test – 2018 for admission to full time MBA programme.
PGCET Eligibility for Government MBA Seats: Karnataka State Candidate
One of the following 3 conditions needs to be fulfilled by the candidates to become eligible as Karnataka state candidate otherwise he/she will be treated as non-Karnataka candidate:
The candidate should have studied and passed in one or more Government or Government recognised educational institutions located in the State of Karnataka for a minimum period of SEVEN academic years commencing from 1st standard to Qualifying Examination either continuously or in broken period as on 1st July of the year in which the Entrance Test is held and must have appeared and passed either SSLC / 10th standard or 2nd PUC / 12th standard examination in a Government recognized institutions located in Karnataka State. In case of the candidate who had taken more than one year to pass a class or standard, the years of academic study is counted as one year only.
The candidate should have studied and passed the qualifying examination within the State of Karnataka from an Educational Institution run or recognized by the State Government and that either of the parents should have studied in Government recognized institutions in Karnataka for a minimum period of SEVEN years.
Son or daughter of an ex-servicemen who at the time of joining the defence service had declared a place in Karnataka as his home town, proof of such domicile should be obtained and produced from the “Deputy Director, Department of Sainik Welfare and Resettlement”. Further, the candidate should have passed the Q. E. from a University or Board or any other institution located anywhere in India.
PGCET Eligibility for Government MBA Seats: Non-Karnataka State Candidate
If the applicant does not fulfil any of the above three conditions he/she will be treated as non-Karnataka candidate. Besides, a non-Karnataka candidate can only be considered for admission if the Government seat in the MBA college remains vacant and the candidate fulfils all the eligibility criteria for admission.
PGCET 2019: Application process
Candidates can apply for PGCET-2019 (MBA) exam only “Online”. Online submission of Application Form may be made by accessing KEA Website. There is no offline facility to fill the application form for PGCET now.
Candidates of Karnataka origin have to pay an amount of Rs. 650/- for General and OBC (Rs.500/- for SC / ST Category-1). The candidates have to pay the requisite fee in any of the branch of specified banks. The bank will retain bank copy of the Challan respectively and handover the remaining two copies of the Challan to the candidates. Candidates have to take the printout of the Challan copy which is in triplicate
Before applying online, candidate should adhere to following:
- Scanned images of latest Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression in JPG format only are required for uploading as part of submission of online application.
- Before entering the application form online, the candidates should download the blank application form and take two or three photocopies of the same and practice on them in the prescribed manner.
- The finally submitted application details through online by the candidates will be the candidate's data for all further processing in the KEA computers.
- The candidates should not make any mistakes while making entries in the form
- Do not upload any documents / papers in support of the claim to the filled application form except Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression.
- Candidates should retain the following documents with them as reference for future correspondence. (i) three printouts of the finally submitted online Application. (ii) Proof of fee paid (iii) 2-3 copies of identical Photograph that scanned and uploaded on the Online Application.
- Take the printout of the application form on A-4 Size sheet of paper. Candidate should affix recent Passport size Photograph, signature, Left Hand Thumb Impression on the space provided.
- Afterwards students have to obtain Principal seal and signature from the college where they have studied Final Year Diploma on the space provided in the printed form. The same copy should be produced during document verification along with the copy of the Challan (KEA copy).