IIM Ahmedabad, the undisputed top MBA college, is number one management school in the country. IIM Ahmedabad runs 2 years full time PGP and PGP-FABM programmes. It is an autonomous institution managed by the IIMA Society, created under the Societies Act and is run by a Board of Governors, constituted by the IIMA Society. Prof Errol D'Souza is the new Director of IIM Ahmedabad. His tenure is from February 1, 2018 and is for five year duration.
For the admission 2019-21 batch, IIM Ahmedabad has substantially reduced the required minimum CAT 2018 sectional cut off percentile to 70 from earlier 80 and overall percentile cut off to 80 from earlier 90. IIM Ahmedabad alumni include top national and international icons, CEOs, best sellers, bureaucrats, deans and directors of top academic institutions.
- IIM Ahmedabad is the top ranked management institute of India. The Government of India MHRD NIRF Ranking 2018 has placed IIM Ahmedabad at number 1 position.
- In 2008, IIMA became the first business school in the country to be awarded EQUIS accreditation.
- Case Studies of IIM Ahmedabad are quoted and discussed in the class rooms of top MBA college across the world
- IIM Ahmedabad has unique admission process that allows admission to students from diverse academic back ground at a lower CAT percentile. Many non-engineers and students from Arts, Commerce and other diverse academic back ground have found admission in IIM Ahmedabad even after scoring lower than 85-90 percentile in CAT exam.
- The total programme fees payable by PGP students at IIM Ahmedabad is Rs 22,00,000/- (inclusive of tuition fees of Rs.16,15,000/-).
- Laptop computer, personal expenses on boarding, travel, clothes and laundry are extra.
- The total programme fees for the 2019-2021 batch may increase further by 5 to 7% after making adjustment for inflations.
IIM Ahmedabad follows the concept of ‘Dream Campus Application’ Placement process which allows the students to choose the sectors and functions of their choice.
In 2018, 125 firms participated in the placement process including the laterals process and making 150 offers.
Placement Data 2017 (Placement 2018 Data will be released after IPRS Audit)
- Average Salary (Domestic): Rs.22.58 Lakhs
- Highest Salary (Domestic): Rs.53.00 Lakhs
- Average Salary (International): Rs.44.27 Lakhs
- Highest Salary (International): Rs.82.00 Lakhs